• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, anyone watch the F1 yesterday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about you. But I'll take that misdirect as a tacit admission that you utilise tax avoidance.
    No, let's talk about investors because we have them, so how would I pay them if not via dividends, put them all onto PAYE, including a foreign corporate entity?

And why should I not get dividends also, given that I founded the company in the first place and such divdends are paid from bona fide business activity that isn't even remotely covered by IR35?

What I could have easily done is move to Germany and pay half the tax I do now, or some other country and pay even less, yet I am still here - you got zero appreciation of that, whilst defending clear tax dodger.
    Last edited by AtW; 13 December 2021, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm a pretty avid F1 fan, it's the one sport I follow properly. As far as I'm concerned after following every twist and turn of the championship, the result yesterday was an utter farce contrived to deliver an exciting finish on track at any cost, regardless of the correct sporting result. The final race had huge interest outside the normal fan base and it felt like the FIA were desperate to avoid such an eventful season ending with anti-climax in front of a new audience.

But I wondered what others, especially more casual viewers thought?

I have to say I thought both Lewis and his dad were extremely classy in their reaction, immediately running to congratulate Max after a horrendous last-minute result. No whining in the interview or on the podium, great sporting behaviour when they must have been raging inside. I wouldn't like to have been anywhere near Toto on the other hand!
      Should have red flagged and done 4 laps all off the grid with fresh tyres. Max got a clear advantage out of circumstance - which is a shame - but which I suppose happens many times in F1.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, let's talk about investors because we have them, so how would I pay them if not via dividends, put them all onto PAYE, including a foreign corporate entity?

And why should I not get dividends also, given that I founded the company in the first place and such divdends are paid from bona fide business activity that isn't even remotely covered by IR35?

What I could have easily done is move to Germany and pay half the tax I do now, or some other country and pay even less, yet I am still here - you got zero appreciation of that, whilst defending clear tax dodger.
        Why get so upset by how others choose to live legally.

He chose to leave the UK and live in another country. Most sports people and musicians do. He's not the first, last or only one. Why not call them all out individually, or is it just him personally you don't like?

Do you think we should all be forced to live in the country of our birth and only pay tax there?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Why get so upset by how others choose to live legally.
          Legal does not mean it should be encouraged, and specifically changing tax residency for tax reasons should be actively discouraged at the highest levels.

Comment

You can pay them how you want, I fail to see the relevance when we're talking about YOUR tax situation. You don't have to take dividends - create a separate class of shares, use a dividend waiver, or you could pay the tax voluntarily to HMRC if you like. Do you do any of those things? Or are you just a huge hypocrite?

Who mentioned IR35? You're absolutely entitled to take dividends and engage in tax avoidance, it just makes you a huge hypocrite.

First correct thing you've said all thread, cos you're damn right about that.

Comment

You can pay them how you want, I fail to see the relevance when we're talking about YOUR tax situation.
              It's relevant because I can't just do what I want - other shareholders have their rights.

You don't have to take dividends - create a separate class of shares, use a dividend waiver, or you could pay the tax voluntarily to HMRC if you like. Do you do any of those things? Or are you just a huge hypocrite?
              Or maybe just give money to you?

Explain why I should not be receiving dividends? It's the right way of doing it actually, exactly what Ltd was meant for. I obviously have my salary also, the rest is variable income that I am incentivised to produce as I am one of the shareholders.

The last thing other shareholders would want to see is me not being a dividend receiving shareholder because I'll lose any incentive and it would hurt them, then HMRC will lose more tax money.

Anyway, I am done having this idiotic discussion with you.

Comment

You're absolutely entitled to take dividends and engage in tax avoidance, it just makes you a huge hypocrite.
                Dividends that I receive is NOT a tax avoidance.

Comment

Anyway, I am done having this idiotic discussion with you.
                  I really hope so. Someone please ask him to stop. He can have his own thread if he likes, just **** out of this one.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tax dodging **** lost for a change, which is nice.
                    Maybe this isn't the best forum to complain about the perceived tax efficiencies of others?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Maybe this isn't the best forum to complain about the perceived tax efficiencies of others?
                      Please don't feed the troll.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X