• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, anyone watch the F1 yesterday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    the idea that Lewis is not an absolutely top spec driver is just delusional at this point.
    No, it's reality now - Max Verstappen is the top spec driver, and Hamilton is second best, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, it's reality now - Max Verstappen is the top spec driver, and Hamilton is second best, at best.
      It's been quite a few years since I watched F1, but isn't it still the case that the season results is basically based 70% on the car and 30% the driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        It's been quite a few years since I watched F1, but isn't it still the case that the season results is basically based 50% on the car, 40% team orders, 9% on pit stop mechanics and 1% the driver?
        FTFY

Comment

FWIW Lewis and many others moved away from the UK not because they didn't want to pay any tax, but because the way UK tax rules operated to people in their situation was terrible. They got taxed heavily under UK law for everything they did even if they didn't spend much time here i.e. were living most of their time in Monaco but being taxed in the UK. Not unakin to IR35 and we don't tend to think that's 'fair' or that people seeking to escape IR35 are "tox dodging".

But Atw is just a bitter old man. Suggest we stop engaging with him on it and stay on topic.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Max can call himself the better driver when he's won another 6 titles, until then, the stats are clear and he has one win predicated on exceptional good fortune at the 11th hour.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Max can call himself the better driver when he's won another 6 titles, until then, the stats are clear and he has one win predicated on exceptional good fortune at the 11th hour.
              Would Hamilton have won as much if he was not driving Merc cars?

I think not - he had the best car for many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

It's been quite a few years since I watched F1, but isn't it still the case that the season results is basically based 70% on the car and 30% the driver?
                No idea the split but something like that. However if you look at the results this year you'll see that Lewis and Max were WAY ahead of their respective team-mates. A whole other league of performance in the same car. But it IS a team sport, not just a driver sport. You will not win if the other guy has fundamentally a much faster car, but among teams who are somewhat evenly matched the driver absolutely makes the difference.

Comment

Who knows, the car is always part of it, but a fast F1 car doesn't get round quickly without a fast driver. Besides which, the exact same can be said of Max and the Red Bull car - I mean, that's just racing and the core of F1. But you can look at their team mates - Hamilton didn't lose to a Merc, and the other Red Bull wasn't there either.
                  [/quote]

So now Red Bull have the best car, and that's the only reason Max won?

Comment

How many times has Lewis' team-mate won the championship in all these years?
                    He very nearly beat Alonso - widely regarded as the best driver pretty much ever - in his very first year. And I think only one other time did his team-mate beat him, barely, and it took so much out of Rosberg he immediately retired because he couldn't face doing it again.

Comment

I think that Michael Masi feller is doing todays UEFA Champions League draw, wonder how he got on?

qh
                      Last edited by quackhandle; 13 December 2021, 13:15.
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X