• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, anyone watch the F1 yesterday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Just like me too, what a shocking coincidence!

Only difference is that I am paying full UK taxes on my world-wide income, and he ain't.
    Why on Earth would he? He doesn't live here you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Perhaps they should rethink the safety car situation completely. They already have a working Plan B with the Virtual Safety Car, where positions are frozen and speeds limited (and rigidly monitored) which is far more sensible than having everyone queue up behind something with the comparative performance of a London bus and has to get out of the way at a set point. The VSC can be set to start and end where necessary, everything is on hold until it ends and questions of selective benefit go out of the window. You can also adjust the speed to suit the circumstances, even across the course of the lap.

And if the VSC can't be used (such as a track blockage) then Red Flag it immediately.
      Exactly. Preserve spacing on SC and take power out of the race director's hands and most of these potential problems go away.

Comment

Just like me too, what a shocking coincidence!

Only difference is that I am paying full UK taxes on my world-wide income, and he ain't.
        You could always move to Monaco - you probably wouldn't like it though, DFS won't deliver there...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

As a complete novice when it comes to F1 it did seem totally unfair. My F1 fanatic fans said things like "typical of the season really marshalling has been questionable every other week"

The main thing I took away from it was what a great sport and good guy Lewis Hamilton is.

I am aware of the raging debates about him but having paid little attention to those or F1 in general then I am not sure how anyone could deny how graciously he took the result, I hope he changed a few opinions of him.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Why on Earth would he? He doesn't live here you moron.
            Nobody forced him to lose UK tax residency - he could have easily kept it, like I did, even though I could have moved to low tax place years ago.

I guess I've just got more loyalty to the country which gave me opportunity to become successful, unlike that tax dodging piece of tulip who left as soon as he won it first time.

Comment

Nobody forced him to lose UK tax residency - he could have easily kept it, like I did, even though I could have moved to low tax place years ago.

I guess I've just got more loyalty to the country which gave me opportunity to become successful, unlike that tax dodging piece of tulip who left as soon as he won it first time.
              I want to respond, but really can't be arsed other than to say what a sad, bitter, pathetic person you sound like here. Nobody owes it to their country of birth to remain there, and given he's still in the top few thousand of tax payers in the UK I hardly he think he's doing a disservice with what he pays in.

He moved out, like many people do for all sorts of reasons, and now lives somewhere else. That is absolutely his right.

Comment

I want to respond, but really can't be arsed other than to say what a sad, bitter, pathetic person you sound like here. Nobody owes it to their country of birth to remain there, and given he's still in the top few thousand of tax payers in the UK I hardly he think he's doing a disservice with what he pays in.

He moved out, like many people do for all sorts of reasons, and now lives somewhere else. That is absolutely his right.
                One reason may be that he is not surrounded by xenophobic mouth breathers and paparazzi.

Also, as an aside, most of the British racing driver heroes (Mansell, Coulthard, Button, Hill....) aren't UK resident either.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

He obviously moved out for tax reasons, as soon as he could see he'll start making good money.

Yes, it's his right, just like mine is to consider him a tax dodging piece of tulip.

Also, if it wasn't for Mercedes's cars he would not be winning as near as often - would be interesting to see how he'd do if every other driver had same car.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

One reason may be that he is not surrounded by xenophobic mouth breathers and paparazzi.

Also, as an aside, most of the British racing driver heroes (Mansell, Coulthard, Button, Hill....) aren't UK resident either.
                    Indeed, it's practically an F1 racers commune out there. The irony of congratulating Max for beating a tax dodger, while living literally in the same place as Lewis is an irony that I'm struggling to grasp today to be honest

Comment

Also, if it wasn't for Mercedes's cars he would not be winning as near as often - would be interesting to see how he'd do if every other driver had same car.
                      This just gets better and better. He was literally setting records in his debut year with McLaren and winning plenty of races. Yes, Merc have strong cars - but plenty of others do too, the idea that Lewis is not an absolutely top spec driver is just delusional at this point.

He was literally the youngest ever world champion, and won in his second year. No amount of car gets you that if you don't have the ability to back it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X