• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yes, and I think he's the same professor whose doom-laden advice led to the needless slaughter of tens of millions of healthy animals during the last Foot & Mouth epidemic
    Ah yes and was then Knighted for his efforts. IIRC it was the same model he (his company) used for both.

Comment

Bloody hell, grasp the realities, Covid is good for you! You can get all brain foggy and spend your day in bed without spending money on alcohol!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Bloody hell, grasp the realities, Covid is good for you! You can get all brain foggy and spend your day in bed without spending money on alcohol!
        But will it give me special goggles and lead me to wake up next to a woman that it the bright light of day isn't as pretty as she was 10 hours earlier?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

According to DM (lefties do not read!) the Omicron variant is milder than other variants.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-claims.html

That's a good idea! Maybe we could spread mild variants to provide immunity to more serious Covid versions without any vaccinations!

Everyone with symptoms, get out there and cough in your friends'/loved ones' faces!
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

But will it give me special goggles and lead me to wake up next to a woman that it the bright light of day isn't as pretty as she was 10 hours earlier?
            Nice idea. Pretty? Who cares? As long as she has a huge a*e
            bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              According to DM (lefties do not read!) the Omicron variant is milder than other variants.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-claims.html

That's a good idea! Maybe we could spread mild variants to provide immunity to more serious Covid versions without any vaccinations!

Everyone with symptoms, get out there and cough in your friends'/loved ones' faces!
              You mean like measles parties?

Where you have to hope your child isn't the one who ends up with serious life-long side effects?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cycle.png
Views:	113
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	4195421

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Yes, it's more complicated than just antibodies but the fact is that people are catching it twice, and catching it after being double jabbed - but in general doing better than they would be if they didn't have some immunity.
                  We are generally dealing with less 1% of infections being reinfections. The number is so small, in fact if all we had was reinfections the virus wouldn't be transmitted enough and would die out. So yes people can get infected more than once but it's almost not worth even considering when deciding any policy.

Even with omicron the numbers out of South Africa are still less than 3% of reinfections (if I recall the number correctly but it's quite low). Omicron seems to be much more transmissible but it only appears to be evading natural immunity when you compare it to other strains.. when you look at the numbers of reinfections its still very low percentage of total infections.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	cycle.png
Views:	113
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	4195421
                    You are Boris Johnson and I claim my £5.

Your diagram misses out a few critical points... The anti-vax flat earthers who refuse to get jabs, go out spread the disease and take up most of the ITU beds, then blame everyone else (as is their MO) for the problem that they refuse to do anything to help as that would be civil and sociable, while they are selfish.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You are Boris Johnson and I claim my £5.
                      Nah he's too consistent in his beliefs.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X