• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That party that never happened, or did it, or didn't it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That party that never happened, or did it, or didn't it.

Downing Street staff shown joking in leaked recording about Christmas party they later denied

Senior Downing Street staff joked about holding a Christmas party in Number 10 just four days after the event is alleged to have taken place last December, a recording leaked to ITV News has revealed.

Staff can be heard laughing and making references to “cheese and wine”, while Boris Johnson’s then spokesperson Allegra Stratton remarked there was “definitely no social distancing.”

The recording is of a rehearsal on December 22 for Downing Street's proposed daily TV media briefings, which Ms Stratton was set to front before they were later abandoned.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Oh blimey you mean the government lied? - shocked, shocked I tell you!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	763141a3-bd39-4f89-8e79-49a40df7499a-9f9e044e-bf09-463f-864d-3ffd3d1f0dbf.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	4195005
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He's not good at getting stories to die in the media is he?

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-for-them.html

We can have a repeat PMQs.....

Oh and he lied about not being involved in airlifting animals out of Afghanistan over humans.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oh and he lied about not being involved in airlifting animals out of Afghanistan over humans.
          I think it's best to assume that if he's talking then he's lying. His sheeple followers don't care though, they only cared about one issue, however badly that has gone/is still going!
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Not good at getting stories to go away, and there are abviously a few insiders who have it in for him with the timing of all these leaks - I don't give him too long, but the realistic alternatives are no better.
            Surely his ministers are getting tired of lying for him, only to be found out within days. How many times have they done that now? They are embarassing themselves and they know it.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Not good at getting stories to go away, and there are abviously a few insiders who have it in for him with the timing of all these leaks - I don't give him too long, but the realistic alternatives are no better.
              Surely his ministers are getting tired of lying for him, only to be found out within days. How many times have they done that now? They are embarassing themselves and they know it.
              Give you three guesses as to why Sajid Javid didn't turn up on BBC Breakfast and The Today Program this morning and no-one was put up to replace him.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-BBC-Breakfast
              Last edited by DaveB; 8 December 2021, 10:00.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

When The Telegraph turns on him he's gone.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I blame the EU and Jeremy Corbyn. It would have happened if we had a government that was further to the right...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-08_10-13-36.png
Views:	408
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	4195041Have ministers finally grown a pair and had enough?

Comment

Working...
                    X