• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon to stop accepting Visa credit cards in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon to stop accepting Visa credit cards in UK

Amazon will stop accepting Visa credit cards in the UK from 19 January, the online retail giant has told customers.

It said the move was due to high credit card transaction fees but said Visa debit cards would still be accepted.
    Just double checked, phew mine's a Mastercard so I can continue to given Amazon all my disposable income.

Is this a move to pressure Visa, or is it mere coincidence that Amazon is advertising even better deals on Amazon Credit Card right now...?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I received that email this morning and I was trying to fathom if it was a scam or not.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Just double checked, phew mine's a Mastercard...
      My card issuer gives me a Visa and a Mastercard as neither is universally accepted.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        My card issuer gives me a Visa and a Mastercard as neither is universally accepted.
        Firstly I didn't know that - never had issues with either - and secondly I've not heard of that practice. Is this one of those things that varies a lot from country to country?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

All my credit cards seem to be Mastercard (other than the Amex one of course). Can't remember last time I was issued a Visa. I do tend to change credit cards quite frequently for points, balance transfers etc.

Comment

I use Visa cards but both are debit cards...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Visa are having a bit of a rough time at the moment. NatWest is shifting its Debit card from Visa to Mastercard next year.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Use Paypal and you can still use pretty much any card you want. The retailer never sees the card type, just the PayPal details (provided they accept PayPal of course).
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Use Paypal and you can still use pretty much any card you want. The retailer never sees the card type, just the PayPal details (provided they accept PayPal of course).
                  this ^^^^

great way to use Amex for all those lovely Avios and cashbacks via Paypal.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's because of brexit:
                    https://www.thejournal.ie/amazon-rej...urce=shortlink

Comment

Working...
                    X