• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now this is a first for me....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is a first for me....

Had an interview just over a week ago....
    Day or two after got an offer for another gig somewhere else. I did ask for feedback from the 1st place but didn't get a reply so forgot about it.

Yesterday had an email directly from client of 1st place advising me they had wished to make me an offer and they'd sent this to the agent about an hour after they interviewed me and wondered what was going on because no-one had got back to them. I could only apologise and explain I had asked for feedback but the agent never got back to me so I didn't know about this offer, but I'd now got something else sorted.

First time I've ever seen an agent screw up like this. Like everyone says, if client offers a gig the agency would walk 50 miles through hot coals normally to try and seal the deal.....

Nice to know they wanted me though and might be good for the future....

Can't imagine the client will be too impressed with the agency......
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Unbelievable!

looks at username - decides to keep post in place, but for a different reason

Comment

Endless posts closed for trolling in prof and you still haven't learnt a single thing have you PC?

Three posts down there is someone else having a bitch and a whine in prof and look what happened.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ys-jokers.html

But there is some good to have come out of all that. 1st client dodged a massive bullet.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 3 November 2021, 17:21.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But there is some good to have come out of all that. 1st client dodged a massive bullet.
        You say that, but I bet the offices still need cleaning.

Comment

What's your question? There isn't one. Trolling again.

Comment

Hey don't be so mean. It's the first time he's gotten a job offer that wasn't from a relative.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Hey don't be so mean. It's the first time he's gotten a job offer that wasn't from a relative.
              Yeah, and he could've told us all about it in General Facebook Meta.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Yeah, and he could've told us all about it in General Facebook Meta.
                Or better still didn't. Not sure who he thinks gives a flying **** about his ramblings
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

knob 'ed!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cool-story-bro-sylvester-stallone.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	4190696
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    knob 'ed!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	cool-story-bro-sylvester-stallone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	4190696
                    Have you got a new favourite meme?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X