• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked for 90p

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked for 90p

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ty-jaffa-cakes

This is surely a joke..

KUATB

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-the-bill.html

Comment

Except he wasn't sacked for 90p, he was sacked for being dishonest... Different matter altogether, giving his job.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Complete waste of police time and resources.

While other plod with nicknames like 'rapist' and openly into rape pron are ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
          Complete waste of police time and resources.

While other plod with nicknames like 'rapist' and openly into rape pron are ignored.
          both are valid grievances. Though I would sack / imprison the rapist and give the thief a final warning.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good job.
            I have little time and no sympathy whatsoever for public officers of any type who engage in this type of thing or anything worse than this.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Win View Post
              I was a week late with my thread. You are two weeks late.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Except he wasn't sacked for 90p, he was sacked for being dishonest... Different matter altogether, giving his job.
                Exactly. Seems a bit harsh on the surface, but dishonesty is dishonesty, and in some professions there is zero tolerance for it (politicians excepted, natch). Another way of looking at it is, if you are going to lie about something as trivial as 90p, what else are you going to lie about?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I was a week late with my thread. You are two weeks late.
                  Mine is a sackable offence

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Exactly. Seems a bit harsh on the surface, but dishonesty is dishonesty, and in some professions there is zero tolerance for it (politicians excepted, natch). Another way of looking at it is, if you are going to lie about something as trivial as 90p, what else are you going to lie about?
                    It is an interesting point, about one's behaviour for illicit gain, logic would say that a person would take risk when the expected gains are higher, but perhaps a lot of people take risk for gains which are minimal. Maybe the instantaneous reward from those acts of immorality weighs larger.

Comment

Working...
                    X