• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Ever Deboom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Ever Deboom

Well, sort of - not my first end of contract of course, but my first to fall through at the 11th hour. Extension was signed, but apparently not quite sealed!

Bit gutted to be honest, was a good contract that might have had some further potential. And a bit of a surprise as I confess I was working on the presumption it was all in hand, but I suppose once in 7 years is a decent stat.
    Last edited by vwdan; 9 October 2021, 08:08.

That's a shame. Chin up and onto the next one.

Comment

Could be worse.

I had one client tell me not to bother coming in next day as they had run out of money. Paid till the end of that day and then out.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Could be worse. You could be married to PC.

Complete bummer but once you land another good gig it will become a badge of pride and a great story. Go get em tiger.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the unstable and often unfair world of contracting. The good news is that over the years you develop a thick hide and move on faster. It's still better than being a permie, especially a swiss permie.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Welcome to the unstable and often unfair world of contracting. The good news is that over the years you develop a thick hide and move on faster.
            I'm sure as a first-time contractor, VW will find significant help in your words
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Welcome to the unstable and often unfair world of contracting. The good news is that over the years you develop a thick hide and move on faster. It's still better than being a permie, especially a swiss permie.
              not sure it classes as 'unfair'. It simply is contracting.

There is no fair or unfair. That's for children, bedwetters (and some perms), and an early lesson they should have is that life isn't fair.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

not sure it classes as 'unfair'. It simply is contracting.

There is no fair or unfair. ... life isn't fair.
                Wise words.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Happens to us all sooner or later. Onwards and upwards!

Comment

Enjoy the time off. YOLO

Comment

Working...
                    X