• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the longest time you have queued for petrol this last week or so?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the longest time you have queued for petrol this last week or so?

Just to see who the winner is.............

0 mins

I last put petrol in my car on 22 August (when I last visited the parentals). I haven't ventured to a petrol station since as I haven't needed to.

However, I will need to drive HWMBO in a couple of weeks' time so I'm hoping this nonsense has calmed down by then or else I won't be getting to St Neots and back.

Comment

Also 0 minutes. Filled up last night - 48 litres into a 50 litre tank, so panic buying but out of necessity rather than hoarding...

Queues around here seem to be rapidly ending, most places have half a dozen in the queue at the most, little worse than normal rush hour.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

0 minutes. Refused to be part of the problem. I will probably need to top up early next week, so hopefully the selfish idiots have had their fun by then.

(Just a theory, but if they did a survey, I wonder if there would be a strong correlation with the panic buys and the anti-vaxxers/trump supporters)

Comment

I thought my main mower was almost out, and knew my 20l Jerry can was almost empty, so i was about to go out to fill up the can (and look like a panic-buying Tory), but then remembered I had an old 5l plastic can. It was half full, and turns out my mower probably had about 8l in it. Topped the mower up, made up a litre of 2 stroke for the chain saws, etc, and now the cans are empty.
          The mower uses about 4 litres for a cut, so I've got another week before I need to fill. Will throw the can into the car just in case.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

0, but I did get lucky as I did a 250 mile round trip on Saturday but fortunately had a full tank before it all kicked off

Comment

0 minutes. For some reason the two nearest us have had no queues and if you go odd hours it's fine. The one nearer town has had a short queue but nothing major.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

0 for me as well (electric) - so a combined zero minutes queue time thus far - big up

Comment

about 10 minutes up north.

Blooming queues everywhere down here but have half a tank.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    0 for me as well (electric) - so a combined zero minutes queue time thus far - big up
                    Very strange you've posted the dumbest response on your own thread.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X