• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    A driver has fainted after delivering a thousand Duracell batteries to a shop.

Flip me, another energy supplier collapses.
    That's not how I've seen it written elsewhere. Did you copy that version from the ChristiansUK board?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

SSE are a bunch of totally useless bastards. I recently moved two small shops into one big one, all in contract with SSE.
      I was told I wasn't allowed to advise them of vacating the premises in advance and it could only be done on the day or afterwards.
      Contacted them on the day, with meter readings for final billing. They then refused to send the final bills to any address other than the supply address.
      No matter how many times I phoned or emailed (2 weeks generally to get an email answered), they would not forward a bill to either my home address or my remaining premises (despite supplying that as well). The fact that I would never see their final bills was totally lost on them. I gave up in the end and now owe them an indeterminate sum that they won't tell me about.
      You find the appropriate regulator to take them to. (Unfortunately this takes 3-4 months.)

And if they don't comply with the regulator you take them to the small claims court.

It's worth doing so they can't credit black list you.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kloos View Post

Nooo I loved Zog. I was customer number 213! And I am with OutfoxTheMarket.
        Out of interest, what led to this emotional attachment to a utility supplier. It sounds like they've made some issue of you being an early switcher to them, which you are proud of, but did that actually provide any benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Out of interest, what led to this emotional attachment to a utility supplier. It sounds like they've made some issue of you being an early switcher to them, which you are proud of, but did that actually provide any benefits?
          Fair question. They always replied to questions quickly. They were proactive when communicating about when my contract was coming to an end and transparent with my options and switching was easy to do. It didn't matter who i spoke to, they were always polite and courteous and it felt like a well run, small company.

By way of example, I sent them an email yesterday saying how sorry I was to see them close and they replied within 1/2 hr to thank me for my email and say how much it meant to them.

Comment

All together now...NOT

https://news.sky.com/story/local-aut...lapse-12509418

A local authority-backed energy supplier with 170,000 customers faces collapsing within weeks as a last-ditch search for new funding nears its end.

Sky News has learned that Together Energy, which is 50%-owned by Warrington Borough Council, is likely to run out of money later in January without an emergency capital injection

A source close to a process run by advisers to Together Energy said that Alvarez & Marsal (A&M), the professional services firm, was close to concluding its hunt for new funding for the business and that the prospect of a solvent deal was now remote.

Comment

And it's gone..

https://news.sky.com/story/together-...storm-12519204

Together Energy, which has 176,000 households on its books, has become the latest supplier to collapse in the wake of the soaring cost of gas that is tipped to force bills up by 50% from April.
              Sky News reported earlier this month that the company, part-owned by Warrington Borough Council in Cheshire, was on the verge of throwing in the towel after it deferred making a £12.4m payment to the industry regulator.

Ofgem said on Tuesday that Together - and its subsidiary Bristol Energy - had ceased to trade.

Comment

Energy price cap is going up 54%

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-cap-is-lifted
                Households will face a record energy bill increase of more than 50% from April after the regulator lifted the cap on default tariffs to £1,971.

The energy regulator, Ofgem, lifted the maximum rate that suppliers can charge for an average dual-fuel energy tariff by £693 , to reflect the fourfold increase in energy market prices over the last year.

The news came as the government prepared to announce a package of measures to counter the cost of fuel bills for poorer households.

Comment

At 1200 notes this is still a better ROI than keeping the heating on.

Just need one for wife and kids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9501M_11.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	4203210

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

SSE are a bunch of totally useless bastards. I recently moved two small shops into one big one, all in contract with SSE.
                    I was told I wasn't allowed to advise them of vacating the premises in advance and it could only be done on the day or afterwards.
                    Contacted them on the day, with meter readings for final billing. They then refused to send the final bills to any address other than the supply address.
                    No matter how many times I phoned or emailed (2 weeks generally to get an email answered), they would not forward a bill to either my home address or my remaining premises (despite supplying that as well). The fact that I would never see their final bills was totally lost on them. I gave up in the end and now owe them an indeterminate sum that they won't tell me about.
                    They are but surely you have an on-line account and can see your full history with them?

I get my FITS payments from them and they're slow but do pay up eventually. Good thing about FITS is its subsidising my other energy usage so I effectively am paying nothing for energy until the FITS contract is up in ~ 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Energy price cap is going up 54%

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-cap-is-lifted
                      Households will face a record energy bill increase of more than 50% from April after the regulator lifted the cap on default tariffs to £1,971.

The energy regulator, Ofgem, lifted the maximum rate that suppliers can charge for an average dual-fuel energy tariff by £693 , to reflect the fourfold increase in energy market prices over the last year.

The news came as the government prepared to announce a package of measures to counter the cost of fuel bills for poorer households.
                      So does this mean the 'cheapest new deal' remains the standard tariff (which will be the cap price) as it's still less than the companies are paying? Or is there any chance of finding better deals now that the companies have more breathing room?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X