• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Same here. But you will be paying the same as everyone else. The price cap is effectively a huge 6-month discount as things stand.
    Yep - the only way to save at the moment is to reduce your consumption which for me means upgrading the server in the garage so it consumes 100watts less an hour.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

That would be good. I haven't looked at the details yet, and don't actually know what our recent unit rates on PP were, but it might actually be possible that we end up paying less than we would have because I think our PP tariff was variable (still capped? I don't know).
      The cap is the most a supplier is allowed to charge so normally not a good rate. But wholesale rates are above this so the highest rate is cheaper than it costs the supplier to buy the energy. In 6 months the cap gets reviewed and is almost certainly going to rise.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I cancelled our DD to PP because I'm told this is OK, though nothing else is advised. Don't trust people with my DD
        Got an email and text from PP's automated "we don't have a DD in place" service, clearly that part is still working!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Going going - Bulb

https://news.sky.com/story/governmen...-bulb-12453948

The government is accelerating contingency plans for the collapse of Bulb, Britain's seventh-biggest domestic energy supplier - a demise that would mark by far the biggest insolvency of the crisis engulfing the sector.

Sky News has learnt that ministers and officials, along with the industry regulator Ofgem, believe that Bulb - which has around 1.7 million household customers - could collapse as soon as next week, amid diminishing expectations of a rescue deal.

Industry sources said on Friday that talks with a small number of potential buyers were ongoing, but that others had pulled out in recent days.

A solvent rescue remains a possibility, they said, but added that it was highly unlikely that Bulb could survive through November without new funding.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Going going - Bulb

https://news.sky.com/story/governmen...-bulb-12453948

The government is accelerating contingency plans for the collapse of Bulb, Britain's seventh-biggest domestic energy supplier - a demise that would mark by far the biggest insolvency of the crisis engulfing the sector.

Sky News has learnt that ministers and officials, along with the industry regulator Ofgem, believe that Bulb - which has around 1.7 million household customers - could collapse as soon as next week, amid diminishing expectations of a rescue deal.

Industry sources said on Friday that talks with a small number of potential buyers were ongoing, but that others had pulled out in recent days.

A solvent rescue remains a possibility, they said, but added that it was highly unlikely that Bulb could survive through November without new funding.
            I'm mid-transfer away from Bulb

Held up for weeks now because they didn't properly register a change of gas meter back in 2019.

Their customer service has sadly been crap on the couple of times I've needed it.

Comment

My fixed rate energy tariff ends in December. Looking around the next cheapest option is about 130% higher.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                My fixed rate energy tariff ends in December. Looking around the next cheapest option is about 130% higher.
                The advice is to stay on your suppliers standard variable tariff as the current energy price cap is in place until April. Obviously keep an eye out to see if there is a deal the same or cheaper than that.

Comment

Take my eye of the ball for a couple of hours and 4 more have gone.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...igh-gas-prices

Out of the four UK casualties Zebra Power had the largest customer base, and supplied 14,800 households with energy. Omni Energy supplied about 6,000 domestic pre-payment customers, while AmpowerUK had about 600 UK customers and supplied another 2,000 overseas households. MA Energy had about 300 overseas customers.

Comment

Another 2 down -

Neon Reef and Social Energy
                    ​​​​​​​ https://www.theguardian.com/business...pliers-go-bust

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I cancelled our DD to PP because I'm told this is OK, though nothing else is advised. Don't trust people with my DD
                      Got an email and text from PP's automated "we don't have a DD in place" service, clearly that part is still working!
                      They can still deduct amounts from your account at regular intervals, and then you'll start getting shirty letters saying you are in arrears!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X