• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT consultant strip searched by Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT consultant strip searched by Police

OK, which one of you is this?!

Full story in the Wail, link below.

An IT consultant is suing police for being 'wrongfully' arrested in Waitrose and claims she was strip-searched by police for refusing to wear a facemask while shopping despite being exempt.

Juliet Johnson says she was quizzed by store security and a manager about not wearing a mask, which was compulsory at the time, while shopping in her favourite supermarket.

Although she said she had 'proved' she did not need to wear one as she suffers from an autoimmune disease which affects her breathing, police were called to the store.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ul-arrest.html

Seems to be parts missing from both sides.

Stores have security cameras so they should have footage of her being disruptive/abusive/etc to staff if they decided to ban her.

Also if she has an autoimmune disease which means she was masked exempt she would have been advised by her doctors not to go into shops as she was at high risk of complications from catching Covid.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The manager called police without my knowledge. I told the police officer of my human rights and that I had already proved I was exempt.

'I was perfectly civil and was just talking sensibly. I was accused of being abusive. I was not abusive - I was just having a conversation. "
      Telling a police officer about your human rights, that's always going to sit well. I've heard people in tense situations says "I'm not being abusive, I'm just having a conversation", in a very aggressive, angry tone of voice.

'I was incarcerated in a cell. I was forced to strip naked and told if I didn't strip myself, the female officers would do it.

'The sergeant's risk assessment that I needed to be put in safety anti-rip police-issue shirt and shorts had me worried she was going to have me sectioned as she had questioned my mental health.
      So, not strip searched. Told to change clothes.

'I told the police my own risk assessment of myself was that I was not a risk to myself or anyone else.'
      Seems like she's a bit mouthy. Not that that is grounds for arrest, but it certainly doesn't help.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To be fair the Police preferred arresting the Covid criminals rather than real criminals who have knives and threaten your family.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The entire police force needs to be reviewed.
          There is too cosy relationship with the police and big business, if there is petty shoplifting, there will be three police cars on the scene within minutes. If your home is being burgled it will take three days to respond.

Some years ago I witnessed the police arrest a suspect whom they pinned to the floor. The police waited until the sergeant to arrived who then calmly waked over to the arrested man and then beat the living daylights out of him.

I have recovered video from a smartphone for a firm solicitors making a claim of assault against the police. The video showed the police making and unproved attack on a woman answering the door to the police.

The police are just uneducated thugs in uniform
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Anyone seen Mary Poppins recently?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What exactly was the strip search for, to see if she'd got a mask hidden somewhere?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
                OK, which one of you is this?!

Full story in the Wail, link below.

An IT consultant is suing police for being 'wrongfully' arrested in Waitrose and claims she was strip-searched by police for refusing to wear a facemask while shopping despite being exempt.

Juliet Johnson says she was quizzed by store security and a manager about not wearing a mask, which was compulsory at the time, while shopping in her favourite supermarket.

Although she said she had 'proved' she did not need to wear one as she suffers from an autoimmune disease which affects her breathing, police were called to the store.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ul-arrest.html
                Post hoc ergo propter hoc

She was searched because she was arrested, she wasn't searched because she refused to wear a mask.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  What exactly was the strip search for, to see if she'd got a mask hidden somewhere?
                  It's because her thighs don't meet. Never trust a woman who's thighs don't meet.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But why was she arrested and banned from the store chain?

Was it due to refusing to leave the shop when asked then mouthing off?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X