• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are people here still masking up with in shops and public transport?

Wondering if people are still wearing face coverings when indoors in public places, or have chosen to unmask now they are double jabbed?

I noticed in shops now, where you can choose, most have now ditched the mask.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Yup still masking up for most stuff where it's not hugely inconvenient. Still in the habit more than believing I'm helping contain the virus though I'll admit. We'll also wear it when entering a restaurant for example but not for a night out etc. Just about to go to the local pub to work for a few hours and I'll walk in with it on and when I go to the loo but not the rest of the time.

Brother in law and his daughter caught covid and despite being double jabbed he felt crap. Also know a handful of other people that have also caught it being double jabbed so we aren't in the mindset 'it's gone away' as some people we speak to think.

Granted in nearly every case there is a teen child involved so guess it's them that got it and through the very close interaction of family life they've passed it to a parent so that's a very extreme situation. Not like it's been passed from a random shopper in an isle.

But yeah, usually the only one in the (small) store with one on nowadays.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      Wondering if people are still wearing face coverings when indoors in public places, or have chosen to unmask now they are double jabbed?

I noticed in shops now, where you can choose, most have now ditched the mask.
      If they make it clear they would prefer me to, I do. Otherwise I don't tend to bother. e.g. Screwfix has a sign on the door "please wear a mask" but none of their staff do so I don't bother. 90% of people in our church have stopped so I did too. But our local micropub prefer people wear them when not seated so I do. And the doctor is strongly in favour.

It's merely a courtesy to me at this point, it's hardly a problem.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

M & S have a sign, masks, your choice. I notice none of the staff wear them
        Tesco says please wear a mask if you can.

I think it comes to the stage that if you look around and all you see is unmasked people, you have to think, they aren't protecting me, do I really need to look like some kind of hygiene freak?
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Still a requirement in Wales.

Even the sheep are wearing them.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still a requirement here. Most people do it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Still a requirement in Wales.

Even the sheep are wearing them.

Comment

Yip

Comment

Yep mainly 90% of people seem not to now.

I have relatives at significant risk so try to avoid catching it
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    you have to think, they aren't protecting me, do I really need to look like some kind of hygiene freak?
                    If your self-identity is very fragile I suppose that is a consideration.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X