• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh those racist Danes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well there are plenty of jobs that aren't financially viable but need to be done. Most could be done remotely. crowd watching CCTV via the net for offences etc.

I would have a taper from claimant start. 3 months on jsa to find a job, then mandatory training for 3 months then onto working for benefits. Behave yourself you can earn more training.
    Don't worry the government have it covered already-
    https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/your-jsa-claim
    So their mates can claim money from the taxpayer providing training...

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you a victim of the state school system?
      Arguing "it's not free" is like a 13yo the first time the venture into political debate and think they're being genuinely clever and original.
      I just think he's not very bright. And bit sensitive. He objects to being insulted, but thanks _V_'s insulting post. (I only liked it).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I just think he's not very bright. And bit sensitive. He objects to being insulted, but thanks _V_'s insulting post. (I only liked it).
        another insulting post by so called admin here.
        adios

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

another insulting post by so called admin here.
          adios
          Nobody called NAT an admin, they're a moderator. Not the same thing at all.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well the current belief is UK benefit claimants are lazy. If they are working for benefits then they won't be lazy will they?

If you have to attend to get benefits then creating phantom claimants won't work. Popping down to sign on on Thursday during your lunch break as my mates in the 80s did, travelling round the country doing cash in hand then popping in to pick up your benefits would stop.

If benefit claimants have to work to get benefits they can't fit in time for drug dependency or shoplifting etc.

If you don't need benefits enough to work and have no means of support how are you paying to live? Sort of shows those either claiming illegally or having an illegal income source.

Plenty more if you care to think about it.

would suggest after 3 months out of work you should be required to work or retrain to receive benefits.
            This is true and it's driven from the DSS basically.
            Even when I was just out of hospital after major surgerythey were trying to get me to attend job clubs, do interviews, prove that I was looking for work. I could hardly move without crapping myself but that didn't matter. When I suggested i could maybe get a job as a tuliphouse attendant I was told I was being facetious...

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Lets assume you're being facetious. Restrict the 'Claiming benefits' to 'claiming JSA'. What do the figure look like now?
              Plan is that it all comes under Universal Credit now so JSA etc. will eventually become irrelevant and or redundant as a term. It will be how many are claiming UC.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If you want to argue benefits claimants should be made to work (in some guise), I will broadly speaking agree (assuming you can work, giving you some grace period, etc).

But in that case they should be paid to work at NMW/NLW. That's give or take £250-300pw which is roughly what you might get in UC if you get housing benefit and had one child.
                I guess you have never claimed UC? That figure you state per week, if you own your own home, is about what you get for the MONTH. £232 in our case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                  I guess you have never claimed UC? That figure you state per week, if you own your own home, is about what you get for the MONTH. £232 in our case.
                  https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/what-youll-get

Obvious troll is obvious
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Don't worry the government have it covered already-
                    https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/your-jsa-claim
                    So their mates can claim money from the taxpayer providing training...

Universal credit is designed to get more people into work. It does seem to be working. I predict a growth area analysing worklessness and driving people into work.

Any ideas you have to move people into work would be interesting.

Childcare for long term unemployed while retraining is provided - at a higher cost than free childcare.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Government provided schools and healthcare are indeed "Free at the point of use".

If you are a bit of a thicky or a massive underachiever you translate this to Free. If you are an NHS acolyte you feel everyone should be grateful that the NHS deigns to exist and provides its largesse without challenge. Its a bit like being religious "God / the NHS move in mysterious ways" and killing babies is just part of its majesty.

Everyone who earns a decent amount of money and pays a decent amount of tax understands that their tax pays for this "free" stuff and quite reasonably have a right to challenge the provision of the service they are paying for.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X