• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refused DV (developed vetting) clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreeOfLife View Post

Actually they DO give second chances - I have been given the chance to appeal. So it turns out that YOU actually don't know much about the process at all.
    No need to get smart, you haven't passed yet. It could be that one of the things you got failed on has proven to be wrong - for example someone said something in the interviews that has turned out not to be correct. And yes, there is an appeal, they spent several thousands to perform the vet, it would be unreasonable to assume there aren't cross checks in place.

I wasn't going to say that though - for one thing you're still discussing DV clearace on an open forum.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Actually they DO give second chances - I have been given the chance to appeal. So it turns out that YOU actually don't know much about the process at all.
      I think the right of appeal is always there to fulfil some human rights needs. You can appeal your IR35 SDS with your client, who happens to be the party that did the SDS. Like that is really gonna work. Complete and utter waste of time but it's there to fulfil some misplaced obligation.

You can appeal as there may have been some incorrect information or they've gotten something fundamentally wrong but it doesn't mean a valid decision can be re-assessed. If, like most flawed appeals process, it's the same people dealing with the appeal that dealt with the original decision then it's pretty pointless except in rare instances where there has been an almighty balls up.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I know a few people who claim to have signed it, and they don't seem to be shy about admitting it. There's always the chance they could be making it up...
        Well I was first to crash through those Iranian embassy windows, closely followed by Lofty and the rest, but modesty forbids me talking about it (much) either.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

In the past some posters have had to go through threads deleting all their posts.

But that's what happens on a public forum where posts can easily be found using a search engine.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

.. It could be that one of the things you got failed on has proven to be wrong ..
            Seriously (following your lead), could it be the OP provided a CV, or referred to their CV when completing an employment/contract history form, but inadvertently left dates in that had been "stretched" (as most of us do) to minimise unsightly gaps between contracts? An average agency wouldn't care tuppence, because they know it happens and it isn't in their interest to weaken a candidate's CV, but some nitpicking security clerk checking the dates might take a dim view if discrepancies were found.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Well I was first to crash through those Iranian embassy windows, closely followed by Lofty and the rest, but modesty forbids me talking about it (much) either.
              so you've been dead for ten years then?

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

You are looking too deeply into this. You were rejected. If they had wanted any clarification they would have asked you directly.

They're trawling through your history, including mobile phone and internet usage, and for some reason some aspect of you hasn't fulfilled the criteria for DV.

You shouldn't worry about it. Think of the benefit, no more applying for roles that say "you must have current SC clearance and be prepared to go to DV level". No more waiting for 4 to 8 weeks to start a role only to be rejected. You can concentrate on SC roles or normal roles with basic BPSS/DBS clearance.

The reason people are joking about your post is because you are trying to find out information that you can't possibly find out. Move on.

Best of luck to you for the next role.
                it's probably far simpler.
                They may well have interviewed one of the referees who said that OP was a total untrustworthy clint. That would be enough.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hey, thanks for the considered response.

Given that I was refused DV, do you think it will affect my chances of getting SC?

Cheers.
                  what is most odd about this is I've never heard of anyone being sponsored for DV who doesn't already have SC. It's a lot of cost to the sponsor with significant risks. Risks that could be somewhat mitigated if the candidate has SC in the first.

I am amazed that any sponsor would go for DV without at the very least checking that the candidate had at least held SC previously.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

what is most odd about this is I've never heard of anyone being sponsored for DV who doesn't already have SC. It's a lot of cost to the sponsor with significant risks. Risks that could be somewhat mitigated if the candidate has SC in the first.

I am amazed that any sponsor would go for DV without at the very least checking that the candidate had at least held SC previously.
                    Perhaps not having SC is the reason they were refused DV!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

so you've been dead for ten years then?
                      It does at least explain the smell.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X