• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afghanistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

May be just a front, we'll see. Various atrocities have been reported but that happens in all wars. There are signs of increasing moderation among more extreme Islamic nations. Couple of examples here:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/09/uae-r...ther-13561685/
    https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/26/...-and-floggings
    The Crown Prince is a moderate its a good sign.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The Crown Prince is a moderater its a good sign.
      Better than our current lot?

Comment

Oh dear, maybe it is just a front.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...-uk-us-forces/
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Better than our current lot?
          Does NAT chop your hand off for using the b word?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Guards at Kabul embassy told they are ineligible for UK protection

Exclusive: 125-strong team hired through outsourced contractor given informal notice they no longer have jobs"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-uk-protection

Very clever - that should work really well for future guards

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "Guards at Kabul embassy told they are ineligible for UK protection

Exclusive: 125-strong team hired through outsourced contractor given informal notice they no longer have jobs"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-uk-protection

Very clever - that should work really well for future guards

They're extracted now, just announced on BBC news by some minister.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I am not a political analyst or expert, but I am trying to guess why US left in a hurry and that none of the other countries have raised a finger against it (well, for public opinion some country leaders would have done so while collaborating).

I guess it is to do with the "Chinese virus Covid".

Almost every country in the world wants to punish China for their virus. It has costed them a lot. Real lot.

But when the evidence is hard to come by, what would you do?

The immediate neighbouring country from where the Chinese can be punished is Afghanistan, isn't?

Leave them the latest weapons, make a deal that they will liberate their "brothers" in Uyghur.

From my view, this is more of a problem to China than to any other country (in spite of Biden being Chinese friendly).

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                  I am not a political analyst or expert, but I am trying to guess why US left in a hurry and that none of the other countries have raised a finger against it (well, for public opinion some country leaders would have done so while collaborating).
                  1. Biden ordered rushed withdrawal because (obviously) he wanted to make big speech on 9/11 (which would be 20th anniversary) to say how he ended endless war and how all is good, that's why they were in a rush.

2. Other countries had to follow because it's a bit difficult to defend the flanks when the center had folded.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

1. Biden ordered rushed withdrawal because (obviously) he wanted to make big speech on 9/11 (which would be 20th anniversary) to say how he ended endless war and how all is good, that's why they were in a rush.

2. Other countries had to follow because it's a bit difficult to defend the flanks when the center had folded.
                    But Laden was killed in 2011 to compensate for 9/11, isn't?.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                      But Laden was killed in 2011 to compensate for 9/11, isn't?.
                      In Pakistan

And Biden can't take credit for that anyway - apparently he was against that raid there.

Comment

Working...
                      X