• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afghanistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<modsnip>

I thought you were talking about some of the British when I read the beginning of your sentence.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I thought you were talking about some of the British when I read the beginning of your sentence.

Eton isn't supposed to be poor education.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Sadly its no joke

https://www.unicef.org/afghanistan/education

An estimated 3.7 million children are out-of-school in Afghanistan – 60% of them are girls.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That's the problem with having utterly dull posters become admins.

They make utterly dull forums. I'm out.

Comment

This looks quite promising, although is probably a fairly forlorn hope:

2021-08-17 Still fighting on: Afghan vice president and the son of a dead legendary military commander rally anti-Taliban forces in last stronghold less than 100 miles from Kabul

Sort of like an Afghan King Alfred the Great, holed up in his last remaining stronghold in the Somerset levels, after the Vikings had conquered almost the whole of England, but rallying his men and winning a great battle (Edington in 878 AD) and then conquering most of the country back

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We should have tapered. We have left the poor sods to a bunch of nutters.

20 years of the kids going to school it would have become a wonderful tolerant country.
              It hasn't worked in the rest of the world after centuries, not sure why you think 20 years is going to create some sort of tolerant utopia (sounds awful)
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                That's the problem with having utterly dull posters become admins.

They make utterly dull forums. I'm out.
                If only. What did we miss?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

it took trillions of dollars and thousands of lives and 20 years to replace taliban with
                  ...........taliban

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If only. What did we miss?
                    My post had a mod snip for a reason and I wasn't being rude to anyone.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      I'm out.
                      Is that a promise?

Comment

Working...
                      X