• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My contract is finally ending YAY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Demoralise staff,
    Screw up company,
    Hire external highly paid experts to fix,
    Staff work really hard to fix issues now they are empowered.
    Credit external experts and managerial acumen for bringing them in.
    Screw staff on wages to pay for external experts.
    Staff leave and demoralised.
    Company is screwed again.

Rinse & repeat.

Pretty much standard sadly.
    it's even worse as most of the technical staff is outsourced.
    They need to be told what to do and how, but have no personal investment in success.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

it's even worse as most of the technical staff is outsourced.
      They need to be told what to do and how, but have no personal investment in success.
      ah external experts, its the staff fault because they obviously don't manage the relationship well enough.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ah external experts, its the staff fault because they obviously don't manage the relationship well enough.
        they would be better off if they hired local staff and paid them decently. The money they save on cheap staff goes to people like me, and huge business delays.

Comment

they would be better off if they hired local staff and paid them decently. The money they save on cheap staff goes to people like me, and huge business delays.
          The savings go to bosses bonuses and the costs come out of a different budget.

Comment

The savings go to bosses bonuses and the costs come out of a different budget.
            probably. These big corps suck ass.
            if I was a horrible person, I'd write a very detailed analysis of the project and its flaws and explain what caused it to be likethis, then hand it to my boss' higher ups.
            But that is petty even for me

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Hmmm so client decides to change how things are run in their company and it all goes to rattulip. Not the first and won't be the last.

Why would I, the contractor, care? Not my circus not my monkeys.....
              This is why you flit from low-paid role to low-paid role, mainly within the public sector.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

if I was a horrible person, I'd write a very detailed analysis of the project and its flaws and explain what caused it to be likethis, then hand it to my boss' higher ups.
                I wouldn't be given it to the management of your current client, but a bullet point version that you can use to warn people elsewhere as similar problem occurs is worth it's weight in gold, as you can identify problems and go "well the last time a client tried to do that XYZ occurred and you don't want X nor Y so this is how you avoid them".
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I wouldn't be given it to the management of your current client, but a bullet point version that you can use to warn people elsewhere as similar problem occurs is worth it's weight in gold, as you can identify problems and go "well the last time a client tried to do that XYZ occurred and you don't want X nor Y so this is how you avoid them".
                  Would you really take the word of an outgoing contractor on a gig, especially one that's so vocal and quick to blame everyone else?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

find something that they have done illegal - easy in clusters like this and drop a coin on them. Do a few weeks afterwards.

GDPR/TAX/discrimination

Comment

Working...
                    X