• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Gulf Stream collapse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Didn't think I needed a sarcasm tag amongst such elite minds.
    Mr. Trump used the same claim.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
      Didn't think I needed a sarcasm tag amongst such elite minds.
      It was too masterful for us. (Or at least me).

Darn. Down to two. But mattster got me in his net. Kudos.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well I was only trying to highlight how ridiculous the latter proposition (academic conspiracy) actually is, especially compared with the rather obvious alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I pretty much now don't believe anything that is used to advance the 'manmade climate change' argument. I always see graphs on the BBC of Sydney record temperatures, and how they have been growing for decades. But I know from living nearby that the place where they record the temperatures is in the middle of the city and now surrounded by tower blocks which must be absorbing loads more heat than what was there 30 years ago.

As they are so at ease with presenting evidence that is so clearly tainted, it's propaganda and belief more than science and reasoning. Everything else has to be questioned with suspicion.
          At what point would you believe that climate change is real ? Melting ice caps, burning forests in many countries, floods in many countries, storms of higher intensity, new records of higher temperature everywhere are these not good enough for you ? Maybe by the time most folks realize the calamities of climate change it will be too late to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

At what point would you believe that climate change is real ? Melting ice caps, burning forests in many countries, floods in many countries, storms of higher intensity, new records of higher temperature everywhere are these not good enough for you ? Maybe by the time most folks realize the calamities of climate change it will be too late to do anything.
            It's a bit toasty in Greece at the moment.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/08/06/...oser-to-athens

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

Climate change is very real. Its been happening since the Earth was formed.

Man made climate change is more contentious. We might well poison the world, we may not be changing the climate.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Man made climate change is more contentious. We might well poison the world, we may not be changing the climate.
                Although often skeptical about scientific claims, I'm fairly sure man-made global warming is happening, not least because CO2 concentrations have undeniably risen significantly in recent years and are still steadily increasing.

I also think it's quite on the cards for there to be a sudden non-linear tipping point, given that melting shrinking icecaps decrease the amount of reflected solar radiation, and methane releases from melting tundra etc vastly increase the greenhouse effect.

Smug, ignorant idiots who crow about climate change being a natural phenomenon, and thus nothing to worry about, should remember that sea levels being literally several hundred feet higher than now is also a natural phenomenon that has resulted!
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 6 August 2021, 17:30.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Although often skeptical about scientific claims, I'm fairly sure man-made global warming is happening, not least because CO2 concentrations have undeniably risen significantly in recent years and are still steadily increasing.

I also think it's quite on the cards for there to be a sudden non-linear tipping point, given that melting shrinking icecaps decrease the amount of reflected solar radiation, and methane releases from melting tundra etc vastly increase the greenhouse effect.

Smug, ignorant idiots who crow about climate change being a natural phenomenon, and thus nothing to worry about, should remember that sea levels being lterally several hundred feet higher than now are also a natural phenomenon that has followed!
                  one thing I know is that the UK itself only creates 1% of the emissions, we are probably wiser to force our international suppliers to reduce their emissions rather than continue to screw ours down. Not suggesting we don't do anything but we should use our purchasing power to reduce overall emissions.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This is my biggest problem as well... so much focus on man made climate change which may or may not be happening and is incredibly hard to prove/separate from non man made climate change.... when we are literally irreversibly poisoning the world as well as lots of localized pollution which causes all sorts of real quality of life issues. Been framing the wrong problem... and it's sad because actually both problems have mostly common causes soo if they just framed the right problem people might actually work towards a solution. It's so sad.

Comment

its basic chemistry. CO2 is a green house gas which traps the heat and CO2 in atmosphere is at all time high.
                      Do you think there is another factor for warming , which has been missed by the world's scientists. Enlighten us.

Comment

Working...
                      X