• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Gulf Stream collapse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pretty much now don't believe anything that is used to advance the 'manmade climate change' argument. I always see graphs on the BBC of Sydney record temperatures, and how they have been growing for decades. But I know from living nearby that the place where they record the temperatures is in the middle of the city and now surrounded by tower blocks which must be absorbing loads more heat than what was there 30 years ago.

As they are so at ease with presenting evidence that is so clearly tainted, it's propaganda and belief more than science and reasoning. Everything else has to be questioned with suspicion.

Comment

Phew, I thought it was the Gulfstream private jet manufacturer that had gone bust!

Now that would have been a calamity; I don't think I give a tulip about this climate nonsense..

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I pretty much now don't believe anything that is used to advance the 'manmade climate change' argument. I always see graphs on the BBC of Sydney record temperatures, and how they have been growing for decades. But I know from living nearby that the place where they record the temperatures is in the middle of the city and now surrounded by tower blocks which must be absorbing loads more heat than what was there 30 years ago.

As they are so at ease with presenting evidence that is so clearly tainted, it's propaganda and belief more than science and reasoning. Everything else has to be questioned with suspicion.
        And here we have a prime example of a True Believer rejecting any evidence that might dislodge his dogged faith in the conspiracy. That somewhere, some shadowy group is exploiting an unreasonable fear for their own diabolical ends.

Go on. Tell us who these people really are?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

It might not be too bad for us in the UK, but winters will be damned chilly in Norway and Finland!
          So as normal then?

When John Wyndham write The Kraken Wakes, did they disrupt the gulf stream or just melt the ice-caps?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            And here we have a prime example of a True Believer rejecting any evidence that might dislodge his dogged faith in the conspiracy. That somewhere, some shadowy group is exploiting an unreasonable fear for their own diabolical ends.

Go on. Tell us who these people really are?
            Exactly. One one side, a multi-trillion $ century old business, with all the associated political and press influence that money can buy and a proven track record of suppressing their own research into climate change. On the other, perhaps several tens of thousands of (generally) low paid research scientists, all engaged in a clandestine global conspiracy to defraud governments the world over for another 3 year research grant. The answer, as always, is to follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So as normal then?

When John Wyndham write The Kraken Wakes, did they disrupt the gulf stream or just melt the ice-caps?
              I have the book, hold the line caller

UPDATE: The aliens melt the ice caps
              Last edited by ladymuck; 6 August 2021, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Exactly. One one side, a multi-trillion $ century old business, with all the associated political and press influence that money can buy and a proven track record of suppressing their own research into climate change. On the other, perhaps several tens of thousands of (generally) low paid research scientists, all engaged in a clandestine global conspiracy to defraud governments the world over for another 3 year research grant. The answer, as always, is to follow the money.
                The more doom laden your research proposal is the more likely you are to get funding.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

The more doom laden your research proposal is the more likely you are to get funding.
                  Who benefits, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Well done AtW. We've landed another two. (They're lucky though. ZOG have instructed us mods to ridicule rather than just ban them).
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Didn't think I needed a sarcasm tag amongst such elite minds.

Comment

Working...
                      X