• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£600-£650 a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    blah

They don't just hire anyone to build the Elizabeth line or the super sewer you know...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I know foreigners who have done very well in their construction/trade careers and have set up home here permanently.
      I know as well but how is that relevant to the conversation? because I am foreigner and frustrated it means that some people are better than me in another field? It has nothing to do with what I was trying to explain.

the 'old boys network' mostly british, that run the company is quite prevalent. I don't think anyone can dispute that. Also I do not think that merit put them there, which to be frank it is quite the opposite of the values you see written on the fence.

Comment

most of them are box ticking exercises to give the people in that field a sense of entitlement and filter out the 'foreigners'. in terms of ability or skills acquired through them, as with any other certification... not that much
        being an expert in a field needs the right attitude and self study. very few certifications can teach you that.
        No they are to stop you blowing or chopping someone's arm off as so many believe they know better than people sat in a warm office with decades of experience who thought what will the feckwits try today?

You only need to do a few security and safety courses to realise how stupid most people are, then we give them 12 inch angle grinders or access to three phase supplies.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I know as well but how is that relevant to the conversation? because I am foreigner and frustrated it means that some people are better than me in another field? It has nothing to do with what I was trying to explain.
          You are saying everything is set up to keep foreigners out. My point is not necessarily.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

No they are to stop you blowing or chopping someone's arm off as so many believe they know better than people sat in a warm office with decades of experience who thought what will the feckwits try today?

You only need to do a few security and safety courses to realise how stupid most people are, then we give them 12 inch angle grinders or access to three phase supplies.
            Knowing not to put the air compressor nozzle in someone's ass is quite different than thinking of system design for a cloud application.
            The discussion was not about that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ssor-anus.html

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You are saying everything is set up to keep foreigners out. My point is not necessarily.....
              Parts of it, they are indeed to keep foreigners out or give a sense of entitlement and sense of progression to the people in the field. Control of supply. Making their trade more valuable. Not necessary more honest or work done to a better standard. That is different. Foreigners are a threat for many low skill industries so I am sure that people in that field have thought of that. Arguing the contrary says a lot about yourself as well.
              Last edited by GigiBronz; 28 July 2021, 15:24.

Comment

Parts of it, they are indeed to keep foreigners out or give a sense of entitlement and sense of progression to the people in the field. Control of supply. Making their trade more valuable. Not necessary more honest or work done to a better standard. That is different. Foreigners are a threat for many low skill industries so I am sure that people in that field have thought of that. Arguing the contrary says a lot about yourself as well.
                can't you take a hint then?

FECK OFF you snivelling twat!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

can't you take a hint then?

FECK OFF you snivelling twat!
                  I was quite expecting for you to come along and tell me to feck off back home =))).

The only conclusion I can make is that what I said it must be true if it upsets characters like you.

You can accept the truth and grow as a person or society or stay with the same 'we are the greatest innit' insular, incel mindset and see your demise through time. Britain is still a decent place to be but lagging in a lot of terms. Working class still is treated like rubbish around here.
                  I do not have anything against british people, I quite like them, honest (the good majority), level headed. Even when they lie they give hints about it. But I think they are quite prone to self delusion and thinking around the same lines. Or how they've been trained by their ruling masters.

You should cherish and appreciate diversity of opinion because your ruling masters will still treat you the differently unless you stand for it.

This is Bojo cheering for 'Freedom day':
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	68121249.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	4175444

Comment

I was quite expecting for you to come along and tell me to feck off back home =))).
                    I did NOT say anything about 'back home' - I don't care WHERE you take your snivelling self pity.
                    JUST GO!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I did NOT say anything about 'back home' - I don't care WHERE you take your snivelling self pity.
                      JUST GO!
                      =)))

the question for me is how are you an highly educated contractor and part of the upper echelons of this society. How did you get there being... yourself?

I might be totally wrong about how people are selected in this country...

Comment

Working...
                      X