• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: £600-£650 a day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£600-£650 a day"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Who is they?

Considering I've been educated in the same country as Vetran, as have other posters, it is odd that we don't all think the same.....
    You know ... THEY, THEM, the master race, the top people who control us all. We are but mere puppets ..... or something like that

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

most of them are box ticking exercises to give the people in that field a sense of entitlement and filter out the 'foreigners'. in terms of ability or skills acquired through them, as with any other certification... not that much
    being an expert in a field needs the right attitude and self study. very few certifications can get you to be better at that.
    That's you buggered then

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

who is that ‘us’?

the funny part is how they’ve trained you to think you are superior to the other nations. All judgemental and taking sides. You do sound like a grown up…
    Excellent thanks, that was what I was going for ,a grown up point of view not appearing like a nasty little racist who judges ability based on someone's lineage.

I have worked with a small number of Indian chaps who are technically my equal or even superior but that is the same for most nationalities I have worked with.

However I have met a lot of Indian nationals who are clearly put forward as experts but have no clue, this is a function of the business methods of Indian Universities who apparently are free with degree certificates sold to wealthier citizens and Body shops who just want a bum on seat.

You can't blame the individuals as they are glad to have the opportunity because they get rock star like wages (or at least they did until the consultancies moved to cheaper climes).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

who is that ‘us’?

the funny part is how they’ve trained you to think you are superior to the other nations. All judgemental and taking sides. You do sound like a grown up…
    Who is they?

Considering I've been educated in the same country as Vetran, as have other posters, it is odd that we don't all think the same.....

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

If the truth as you see it appears to us to be racist who is right?

My experience is there are plenty of stupid and annoying indians but there are plenty of clever ones too. Just like most other cultures.
    who is that ‘us’?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

It is very easy to call someone racist, sexist today. Indians are better technically wise. Maybe natural selection from a large population and only de decent one surface around here... who knows.
    Maybe a good part of english schools take people in for the credit scheme that their own government enabled.

My intent was not to be racist just to say the truth as I see it.

You are the 'woke' characted seeing issues where there aren't any and falling pray to the same narratives promoted by the establishment to distract and undermine and control what people think.
    If the truth as you see it appears to us to be racist who is right?

My experience is there are plenty of stupid and annoying indians but there are plenty of clever ones too. Just like most other cultures.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Giggler View Post

Knowing not to put the air compressor nozzle in someone's ass is quite different than thinking of system design for a cloud application.
    The discussion was not about that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ssor-anus.html
    yeah you are making sense again

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Racist.
    false value signalling. woke culture.

How is it ani different than what you said?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

It is very easy to call someone racist, sexist today. Indians are better technically wise. Maybe natural selection from a large population and only de decent one surface around here... who knows.
    Maybe a good part of english schools take people in for the credit scheme that their own government enabled.

I'll repeat here what you said.

I've seen a few CS degrees that had barely any math in them. no complex subjects only some 'projects' and feel good classes.
    No wonder they are getting replaced by indians.

Racist.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 28 July 2021, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Nice bit of (not so) casual racism there.

You are the 'woke' characted seeing issues where there aren't any and falling pray to the same narratives promoted by the establishment to distract and undermine and control what people think.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    No wonder they are getting replaced by indians.
    Nice bit of (not so) casual racism there.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

QED
    lol

what does QED mean?

quantum electrodynamics in relation to what you do as contractor and previous conversation?

or

"quod erat demonstrandum" - what was to be shown

can you tell me to 'go back where you came from' in latin? Honestly I would quite appreciate that. It would be quite unique ))
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 28 July 2021, 16:50.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

I might be totally wrong ..
    QED

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I did NOT say anything about 'back home' - I don't care WHERE you take your snivelling self pity.
    JUST GO!
    =)))

the question for me is how are you an highly educated contractor and part of the upper echelons of this society. How did you get there being... yourself?

I might be totally wrong about how people are selected in this country...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

I was quite expecting for you to come along and tell me to feck off back home =))).
    I did NOT say anything about 'back home' - I don't care WHERE you take your snivelling self pity.
    JUST GO!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X