• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dom speaks again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom speaks again...

Freedom Day has really pissed him off...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-overwhelm-nhs

Boris Johnson denied the NHS would be overwhelmed and said he was not prepared to lock down the country to save people in their 80s, texting his adviser “get Covid and live longer,” according to new WhatsApp messages released by Dominic Cummings.
    In his first TV interview, the prime minister’s former chief adviser said Johnson held out on reimposing Covid restrictions because “the people who are dying are essentially all over 80.”

Cummings also told the BBC that Johnson had been determined to go to see the Queen in person, despite people in Number 10 already ill with Covid in March 2020. Downing Street denies the account.

In WhatsApp messages, shared with the BBC, that were sent to aides in mid October, Johnson appears to say: “I must say I have been slightly rocked by some of the data on Covid fatalities. The median age is 82 – 81 for men 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and live longer. Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital (4 per cent) and of those virtually all survive.

“And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate.”

Johnson also appears to text aides “There are max 3 m in this country aged over 80” and says “it shows we don’t go for nationwide lockdown.”

The new messages will cast further doubt over the actions of the prime minister in the run-up to the November lockdown, a time during which Cummings and other senior scientists have said the prime minister was fiercely opposed to lockdowns.

Cummings told the BBC that Johnson, who came close to death after he was hospitalised with Covid in April 2020, told meetings in Number 10 that he should never have agreed to the first lockdown.

He said Johnson referred to the Telegraph as “my real boss” and was extremely concerned about the reaction of the right-wing press and the Conservative party.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

All sounds pretty sensible to me (besides wanting to meet the Queen in person when people in his office had tested positive)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He's such a bitter, miserable, pathetic excuse of a man.

Another one that can't live without constant media attention.

He had prime opportunity to do some good but chose not to. Whining after the event, and failing to evidence much of his nonsense, just makes him look desperate.

Comment

I think there is a lot more to come from our Dom and I think some of it could be general election creating....
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          He's such a bitter, miserable, pathetic excuse of a man.

Another one that can't live without constant media attention.

He had prime opportunity to do some good but chose not to. Whining after the event, and failing to evidence much of his nonsense, just makes him look desperate.
          Dom or Boris?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            I think there is a lot more to come from our Dom and I think some of it could be general election creating....
            Sadly Sir Keir isn't the man for the job!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Dom or Boris?
              Both

Comment

So far it's all coming across as a bit of a forum war between them he said she said... but I do feel it's building towards something one way or the other.
                Boris has the benefit Dom is even less popular than he is so people might write it off as sour grapes, but IF these claims are substantiated then heads WILL roll on a serious scale.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  So far it's all coming across as a bit of a forum war between them he said she said... but I do feel it's building towards something one way or the other.
                  Boris has the benefit Dom is even less popular than he is so people might write it off as sour grapes, but IF these claims are substantiated then heads WILL roll on a serious scale.
                  Nah they will just be caught on wrongly directed CCTV cameras breaching some law and being made to go.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Nah they will just be caught on wrongly directed CCTV cameras breaching some law and being made to go.
                    Dom's advisors will be recommending he not visit Paris any time soon...

Comment

Working...
                    X