• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dom speaks again..."

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A 90 minute in-depth interview with Laura K is being "a media whore?"
    Plus all his other public doings - isn't there a blog or podcast and other stuff too? He's desperate to be heard despite being happy to stay quiet for years previously.

He knows the media are watching everything he does. If he didn't want the publicity he could stop but as HMG aren't paying his mortgage any more, and I presume wifey doesn't earn much from her column in the Spectator, he needs to have a product to sell.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A 90 minute in-depth interview with Laura K is being "a media whore?"

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You realise he spent most of his career hiding from the media, right? That until Barnard Castle, few knew who he was? Seems you want to fit the facts to your own narrative rather than the other way round, he dislikes the media and doesn't particularly want to be in the limelight because he's not a politician but someone who actually knows what they're doing.
    Never met the chap, so I can only go by what I see.

He spent many years in obscurity, doing whatever it was he was doing with no oversight but having much influence over elected personnel.

Then he finds himself increasingly in the public eye with his level of influence under scrutiny before being pushed out of his cushy corner.

At which point he seems to switch to becoming a media whore and whining a heck of a lot about all the things he was happy to put up with while a pay check was forthcoming but now finds deplorable.

If that is 100% wrong then he's not doing a very good job of explaining himself.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    He's such a bitter, miserable, pathetic excuse of a man.

Another one that can't live without constant media attention.

He had prime opportunity to do some good but chose not to. Whining after the event, and failing to evidence much of his nonsense, just makes him look desperate.
    You realise he spent most of his career hiding from the media, right? That until Barnard Castle, few knew who he was? Seems you want to fit the facts to your own narrative rather than the other way round, he dislikes the media and doesn't particularly want to be in the limelight because he's not a politician but someone who actually knows what they're doing.
    Are the actions being described with the wisdom of hindsight or could they be considered reasonable bearing in mind the information available at the time?

I suspect some are just downright "WTF" and others could be more generously dealt with.
    It all comes down to whether there is solid evidence. We won't know until a proper enquiry. As you say it's VERY easy to look with hindsight but also VERY easy to use that as a get-out. We can look at other nations to see if we were particularly more incompetent dealing with it - which has swung back and forth in the public view - but there is also proper analysis of our national preparedness. "We didn't know it was going to happen" only goes so far, it's the job of government to have plans in advance.

A thorough, independent review will take ages and be fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Nothing seems to stick on Boris as we know. Somehow he comes through it all.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I didn't watch the interview, didn't even know one was happening

Are the actions being described with the wisdom of hindsight or could they be considered reasonable bearing in mind the information available at the time?

I suspect some are just downright "WTF" and others could be more generously dealt with.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-the-interview

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

Another one that can't live without constant media attention.

He had prime opportunity to do some good but chose not to. Whining after the event, and failing to evidence much of his nonsense, just makes him look desperate.
    it does. But the full set of podcasts is fascinating. Nobody comes out of it well except Kuensberg.

BBC News - Dominic Cummings: The Interview
    Last edited by Lance; 21 July 2021, 09:03.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I watched the interview last night, and your summary of him holds true (I'd say he's bordering on a sociopath), but some of this (clearly verifiable) claims on Johnson's (and his now-wife's) actions are astounding.

It's no wonder this government want to delay the Covid inquiry into next year, by which time Johnson will likely be gone.
    I didn't watch the interview, didn't even know one was happening

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I watched the interview last night, and your summary of him holds true (I'd say he's bordering on a sociopath), but some of this (clearly verifiable) claims on Johnson's (and his now-wife's) actions are astounding.

It's no wonder this government want to delay the Covid inquiry into next year, by which time Johnson will likely be gone.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Dom or Boris?
    I thought she was talking about Scooty

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

If there is evidence there is evidence. DC claims there are a lot of witnesses and written communications to back him up. So the inquiry is going to be fun, whenever it happens.
    When B Johnson is no longer PM....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Remind me again, was this the man that people (Labour) said couldn't be trusted and everything he said was a lie, and the same people (Labour) are now saying he must be listened to!
    If there is evidence there is evidence. DC claims there are a lot of witnesses and written communications to back him up. So the inquiry is going to be fun, whenever it happens.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Remind me again, was this the man that people (Labour) said couldn't be trusted and everything he said was a lie, and the same people (Labour) are now saying he must be listened to!
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Nah they will just be caught on wrongly directed CCTV cameras breaching some law and being made to go.
    Dom's advisors will be recommending he not visit Paris any time soon...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X