• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index June 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Which is no real benefit for me because if i want to trade them in for newer ones those will cost even more than they would of been.

Would have been.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 1 July 2021, 15:41.

Comment

Can add any form of fitness equipment as well. When the gyms were closed, prices were eye watering.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paralytic;n4171179]
        Which is no real benefit for me because if i want to trade them in for newer ones those will cost even more than they would of been.
        /QUOTE]

Would have been.
        English isnt my first language plus I also failed my English GCSE, it was a good thing back in the 90s many universities didn't require it for entrance to do a Computer Science degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
          Can add any form of fitness equipment as well. When the gyms were closed, prices were eye watering.
          Bikes and smart turbo trainers were like hen's teeth.

Bikes are still hard to get, but for the moment turbo trainers are easier .... for those that like to gamble, why not buy a few now, and sell for a profit come winter when we go into the next lockdown and outdoor cycling is less enjoyable?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My cars are holding value better at this point than i thought they would when i bought them a few years ago.

Bit like moving up in the housing ladder. Your house has gone up but the one you want has gone up even more.
            Your petrol/diesel cars will be worth a fortune once they stop selling them!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Bikes and smart turbo trainers were like hen's teeth.

Bikes are still hard to get, but for the moment turbo trainers are easier .... for those that like to gamble, why not buy a few now, and sell for a profit come winter when we go into the next lockdown and outdoor cycling is less enjoyable?
              More to the point, there must be a glut of all this stuff that people bought during lockdown and don't use now gyms are open, or bought during lockdown with good intentions and never used or even built. If not now, then surely soon. 2nd hand gym equipment is often cheap to begin with as it's heavy, could be some cracking deals in autumn.

Comment

I suspect there are going to be a lot of dogs and cats that end up in the rescue pound once the novelty has worn off and people on furlough return to work (or end up on UC). Ditto with the horse buying boom, that probably won't end well either.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  I suspect there are going to be a lot of dogs and cats that end up in the rescue pound once the novelty has worn off and people on furlough return to work (or end up on UC). Ditto with the horse buying boom, that probably won't end well either.
                  At least you can eat horses, and sell them 2nd-hand. Few people want a pre-used dog.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

At least you can eat horses, and sell them 2nd-hand. Few people want a pre-used dog.
                    I suspect there could be such a glut on the market, that prices will collapse. People have been paying absolutely silly money for any old nag.

As for eating them, I think that's only a French thing (). Not sure how easy it is to export them these days.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

It's only common in France but I'm told they are pretty tasty.

Comment

Working...
                      X