• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever cheated on a partner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Totally agree ... a relationship is a relationship. If you don't want to be in it then you bail first out of respect before you dip into another.
    Define 'a relationship' is it for instance a one night stand that turns into a second night?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Define 'a relationship' is it for instance a one night stand that turns into a second night?
      Surely it is going to start when you agree to be exclusive with each other, before that it cant be considered cheating

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Surely it is going to start when you agree to be exclusive with each other, before that it cant be considered cheating
        Do people actually have that conservation, certainly in my experience it more becomes assumed, unless a proposal is offered.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Do people actually have that conservation, certainly in my experience it more becomes assumed, unless a proposal is offered.
          To be fair I have always assumed exclusivity if there is any sense of romance. The one night stand is just that.

Unless we had discussed non monogamy fidelity would be expected by both sides for the duration.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's for each couple to decide what they mean by relationship, but for me a one night stand is not as there would be no expectation to see that person again.

FWB may not be either, so long as both understand that it's none exclusive

And that is probably the crux - if one, or the other, expects exclusive then either the other person ends the relationship or agrees to be exclusive too. To know your lover wants/expects exclusive but you carry on playing the field is, for me, cheating.
            Last edited by Whorty; 28 June 2021, 11:04.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

All this talk of what is and what isn't a relationship is interesting (but best left to mumsnet) so can we at least all agree that anyone who did not choose option 4 is lying to themselves (even if it is a contrarian lie).

Guaranteed charting shouts at the moment of climax: "Urgh, my stochastic indicators have indicated a moving average convergence. It's time to get out!"
              Last edited by Paralytic; 28 June 2021, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                All this talk of what is and what isn't a relationship is interesting (but best left to mumsnet) so can we at least all agree that anyone who did not choose option 4 is lying to themselves (even if it is a contrarian lie).

Guaranteed charting shouts at the moment of climax: "I've just crossed the 10 day moving average"
                Interesting ... so you think only Mums are concerned by what defines a relationship? I'd be kind of hoping that by that stage they'd already know, and the father of her kid(s) is on board with it

I wonder if Scoots draws a graph for his partner?
                Last edited by Whorty; 28 June 2021, 11:18.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Interesting ... so you think only Mums are concerned by what defines a relationship? I'd be kind of hoping that by that stage they'd already know, and the father of her kid(s) is on board with it
                  Interesting ... so you think only Mums post on mumsnet

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I don't see any difference between a partner and a spouse, not having ever married but have had a few long term relationships.
                    'partner' can be very vague anything from "this person I've been dating a few times" to "we've been together decades, longer than our married friends, we just don't want the formal marriage bit". Although generally I guess people use partner as shorthand for "long term partner".
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No comment.
                      Former IPSE member
                      My Website

Comment

Working...
                      X