• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

That is a myth cleverly spun by the tabloid newspapers. Most of the immigrants in the UK are from non-EU countries.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3425a905.png Views:	0 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	4165414
    Source?

And remember that a none EU citizen arriving in the UK had to earn 3 times what Wetherspoons pays.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Source?
      Ketchup please. And can I have the egg sunny Side up? Thanks
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Ketchup please. And can I have the egg sunny Side up? Thanks
        Would you like tea with that?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Source?

And remember that a none EU citizen arriving in the UK had to earn 3 times what Wetherspoons pays.
          https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/rece...3-0e250df6dbba

• The average UK-based migrant from Europe contributed approximately £2,300 more to UK public finances in 2016/17 than the average UK adult. In comparison, each UK born adult contributed £70 less than the average, and each non-European migrant contributed over £800 less than the average.

EU migration has been very positive because a higher percentage come to work, a much higher percentage of non-EU migrants are simply family members.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Mods! Move this drivel please!
            You should speaking the language of the future majority of this country.

It is: Mods! Do the needful!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The UK government could have controlled EU immigration while being in the EU or EEA.
              Well if that is true then the remain campaign made a terrible job of explaining it. I was always under the impression that membership of the EU meant free-movement of people - which was by definition uncontrolled immigration. Opposition of "free movement" was at the core of the leave campaign, and if that was false then remainers should have addressed this.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Well if that is true then the remain campaign made a terrible job of explaining it. I was always under the impression that membership of the EU meant free-movement of people - which was by definition uncontrolled immigration. Opposition of "free movement" was at the core of the leave campaign, and if that was false then remainers should have addressed this.
                <Remoaner Mode>You thick racist - what EU army, political wing etc? </Remoaner Mode>
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Personally, I don't think that EU workers would come to serve in pubs. You might have the occasional young and restless, house sharing, looking for new experiences. But those types of people would not bother with a visa application.
                  Also when you put on the table NHS contributions paid in advance etc, it doesn't make financial sense.
                  Also they would be more likely to move to London with £200 in their pocket on a whim, not some forgotten town in Midlands as a calculated thoughtful decision.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

It was addressed on this forum.

To be fair Camoron's campaign was tulip because he didn't want people to turn around and blame the government for how things were and are.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                      Personally, I don't think that EU workers would come to serve in pubs. You might have the occasional young and restless, house sharing, looking for new experiences. But those types of people would not bother with a visa application.
                      Also when you put on the table NHS contributions paid in advance etc, it doesn't make financial sense.
                      Also they would be more likely to move to London with £200 in their pocket on a whim, not some forgotten town in Midlands as a calculated thoughtful decision.

Just my two cents.
                      Countries have specific younger person schemes for that type of work.

Comment

Working...
                      X