• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank holiday shenanigans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank holiday shenanigans?

I was just thinking about my weekend to do list, what's everyone else doing with the allegedly sunny long weekend coming up?

Saturday - see if I can get a PC working without throwing it out the window; pick up a John Lewis order from Waitrose; put my tomato plants into their proper pots and plant out other things that should have been potted out months ago

Sunday - picnic with friends somewhere in London

Monday - may have a hangover; possible continuation of Saturday's tasks

I refer the honourable lady to my last weekend's posting. (We had it last week).

Dinner tonight: Black Angus steak. Normally £35 a kilo. It was reduced to £12 a kilo for a week. On the last day it went to £6 a kilo so I bought the lot.

With chips and spinach.

Wifey has a couple of hives courtesy of the vaccine. My daughter was say this morning "Oh, you old people. You're just so decrepit. My arms fine.". This evening... "I hurt. I hurt. I hurt." (She is aware of the irony).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Going on a bike ride tomorrow with my local techie contacts.

We focus on a different IT related text each month and this week it's my turn to pick the chapter to be discussed on our way round on the ride. This month it's Martin Fowler's Refactoring.

Later I'm attending a Zoom presentation from my local history group in which we're being treated to a history of food labeling by a local doyen of such matters with over 40 years in that particular industry and will be covering topics such as the fallout from the E is for E Numbers revolution back in the '80s and its implications to the industry right the way through to the more recent traffic light system of food labeling. Should be fascinating.

Comment

Tonight its Miss V3's swimming and Miss V2 is working so club runs.

Tomorrow its fixing a window in Miss V1's bedroom, replace a stair on our side of the staircase, a bit of painting and gutters if I get a chance. Collect Miss V2 from work.

Rowing run then over to MIL on Sunday for dinner. Pick up Miss V2 from party.

Monday more DIY, more party pickups.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFA

The sun is out! So off BBQ time, dog walking, work and kids uber.

Comment

After some housework this evening I will be eat, drinking and merry.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Saturday: Fix/fettle some of the cars - fit a new rear silencer (which may involve my friends Mr Angle Grinder and Mr MIG Welder) and sort the front camber on the daily; third attempt to identify and fix the fuel issue on the MX5.

Sunday: Much needed trim of the hedges which have gone mental with all the rain we've had lately.

Monday: Relax and chill, there may be beer involved...
              Last edited by Dark Black; 28 May 2021, 21:43.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Sat :. Making a start on a rewire of a small house .
                few beers and a curry . Foot on aswell.

Sun:. Out on the motorbike over the Brecon Beacons
                Mon :. Chill out in Garden

Comment

New fridge arrives this afternoon. The lightbulb went on the old one so it had to go. (And the door doesn't shut properly and a new lightbulb still didn't work as it's the socket).

Tomorrow probably go to a museum. There's an exhibition about Basel's borders.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
                    Going on a bike ride tomorrow with my local techie contacts.

We focus on a different IT related text each month and this week it's my turn to pick the chapter to be discussed on our way round on the ride. This month it's Martin Fowler's Refactoring.

Later I'm attending a Zoom presentation from my local history group in which we're being treated to a history of food labeling by a local doyen of such matters with over 40 years in that particular industry and will be covering topics such as the fallout from the E is for E Numbers revolution back in the '80s and its implications to the industry right the way through to the more recent traffic light system of food labeling. Should be fascinating.
                    Sounds riveting!

That phrase traffic light system of food labeling brought to mind an image of a row of baked beans wobbling down a multi-track conveyor, and having to stop at a junction to let another row of tinned tomatoes down a crossing track, until the lights turn green and the beans can continue on their merry way!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X