• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bank holiday shenanigans?"

Collapse

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Cycling

I don't know where to start....
    FTFY - worse than Audi and BMW drivers combined. (oops I've started)

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
    Going on a bike ride tomorrow with my local techie contacts.

We focus on a different IT related text each month and this week it's my turn to pick the chapter to be discussed on our way round on the ride. This month it's Martin Fowler's Refactoring.

Later I'm attending a Zoom presentation from my local history group in which we're being treated to a history of food labeling by a local doyen of such matters with over 40 years in that particular industry and will be covering topics such as the fallout from the E is for E Numbers revolution back in the '80s and its implications to the industry right the way through to the more recent traffic light system of food labeling. Should be fascinating.
    Cycling whilst talking about code.

I don't know where to start....

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The UK's weather will do that to you. It saps all that healthy looking colour out and turns you all pale and pasty.
    to which you add a pink-ish hint from dilated blood vessels from alcohol and the result is gammon steak

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I have some mother issues but that looks a bit too much to take in...

In terms of the colour, what LM posted I think is a bit more accurate for now, let's see how it looks tomorrow.
    Thought I had a bit more tolerance to it but I guess few years in the uk does this to you...
    The UK's weather will do that to you. It saps all that healthy looking colour out and turns you all pale and pasty.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Turned out to be CFS and menieres attack central.
    Wrote off the entire weekend
    At least I didn't end up in A&E - small blessings!

That's crap. A sunny bank holiday weekend without a beer is sad indeed.

Get well soon!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Menieres is nasty. I had an attack of labyrinthitis once. The doctor diagnosed it as I walked from the door of her office to the chair... She did say it could be Menieres, but thankfully it went away. I've had it happen a few times since, so she prescribed me some medication that's supposed to help. When I looked it up, I saw it was an anti-psychotic drug...
    Menieres is nasty (diagnosed in 2013) and drop attacks can make it much worse depending on what happens when you fall! I cracked my head open on the side of a radiator once

What did she prescribe you?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Menieres is nasty. I had an attack of labyrinthitis once. The doctor diagnosed it as I walked from the door of her office to the chair... She did say it could be Menieres, but thankfully it went away. I've had it happen a few times since, so she prescribed me some medication that's supposed to help. When I looked it up, I saw it was an anti-psychotic drug...

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Turned out to be CFS and menieres attack central.
    Wrote off the entire weekend
    At least I didn't end up in A&E - small blessings!

Leave a comment:

• mookiemoo
    replied
    Saturday - drive from Somerset to the Brecon Beacons to the venison center - bought stuff

Sunday - **** all - sat doing nothing

Monday - down to dawlish to the mushroom farm and the along the coast to brixham and then home

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I have some mother issues but that looks a bit too much to take in...

In terms of the colour, what LM posted I think is a bit more accurate for now, let's see how it looks tomorrow.
    Thought I had a bit more tolerance to it but I guess few years in the uk does this to you...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Me after staying too much in the sun today.

https://9gag.com/gag/ajmZABQ
    Thought this was you

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...g-Titanic.html

To this

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Ah so this wasn't you then

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Peter Rabbit 2 watched. Not bad, not as good as PR1.
    Watched PR1 on Saturday. Highly enjoyable. So silly. As was Turbo this evening.

On the intellectual side, I've nearly finished reading The Outer Limits of Reason: What Science, Mathematics, and Logic Cannot Tell Us by Noson S. Yanofsky

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You walked 88.69 km in 3hr 17min 21s ? Must be as dodgy as the reading I once got on my cheap mobile. In about 1 hr I walked from Sussex to Lyon in France then back to Norfolk.

PS Or is that 3 days 17 hrs 21min?
    Reading not your strong point? I'll try it again .... "4 1/2 hour walk on Saturday, 3 1/2 hour cycle today." Let's see if you can work it out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X