• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Another sign the third wave of Covid is OVER!
    Hospitalisations in England FALL for first time since Delta variant took off
    While UK's cases drop for ninth day in a row

Department of Health statistics show the average number of patients needing care stood at 785 on July 25, down on the day before (793).

It is the first time the figure — which is based on the seven-day average and offer a more reliable measure as to state of pressure on the NHS — has fallen since May 12.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-reveals.html
    the prominent figures recognised that a 4th wave is forthcoming. probably deliberately not saying the next wave to give the impression that we are out of the danger for now. just enough to get people out and about for the heard immunity to get through.

you can't scare the cows while taking them to the slaughterhouse

or maybe I am just paranoid... but I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

the prominent figures recognised that a 4th wave is forthcoming. probably deliberately not saying the next wave to give the impression that we are out of the danger for now. just enough to get people out and about for the heard immunity to get through.

you can't scare the cows while taking them to the slaughterhouse

or maybe I am just paranoid... but I don't think so
      There wont be a fourth wave. Even the Spanish flu which was far worse than Covid only had 3 waves

"There were 3 different waves of illness during the pandemic, starting in March 1918 and subsiding by summer of 1919".

UK has now let Covid rip and has 90%+ antibodies in the population, so i don't expect a fourth wave. Other countries maybe a different story.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 30 July 2021, 19:03.

Comment

There wont be a fourth wave. Even the Spanish flu which was far worse than Covid only had 3 waves

"There were 3 different waves of illness during the pandemic, starting in March 1918 and subsiding by summer of 1919".

UK has now let Covid rip and has 90%+ antibodies in the population, so i don't expect a fourth wave. Other countries maybe a different story.
        The biggest thing you forgot is that while Covid is a virus, Covid is not flu.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The biggest thing you forgot is that while Covid is a virus, Covid is not flu.
          I don't think they said it was flu. It is a good comparison as a pandemic though. Viruses tend to behave in quite predictable ways.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last time I checked there weren't many flights back in the 1919 and generally people moved less around the world, so transmission was hugely limited.

Double jabs give you tulip ton of antibodies yet people still get and pass on the virus, also studies showed that your level of antibodies drop gradually up to the point of having no immunity. If you think it's all going to magically end, you are mistaken.

Comment

One day, people will realise that there is no such thing as zero Covid and that Saj was right when he said we have to learn to live with it and not cower from it. His phrasing was insensitive but the attitude is correct.

(ugh, that's another chemical shower I need to have)

Comment

You can definitely get to zero covid, just look at NZ, they managed it for some time very successfully. The issue is the rest of the world didn't follow the same rules, didn't track people etc. and allowed the virus to spread. Now the main question is whether the cost of getting to zero covid is too high and I guess for most countries the answer will be hell yes, so the next best thing is try to vaccinate as many people as possible and get rid of all restrictions. Remember that it's mostly about lowering the load on NHS so that they can cope with covid and all the other stuff they normally deal with on a daily basis.

Loads of times people look at it as a black and white issue, lockdown everything vs get rid of all restrictions and live like before, when in reality is way more complex than this. I'm sure that your point of view changes if you've managed to survive cancer, had your chemo treatment and simply want to survive vs being fit and healthy and wanting to go to fecking Ibiza for a stag do.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                  You can definitely get to zero covid, just look at NZ, they managed it for some time very successfully. The issue is the rest of the world didn't follow the same rules, didn't track people etc. and allowed the virus to spread. Now the main question is whether the cost of getting to zero covid is too high and I guess for most countries the answer will be hell yes, so the next best thing is try to vaccinate as many people as possible and get rid of all restrictions. Remember that it's mostly about lowering the load on NHS so that they can cope with covid and all the other stuff they normally deal with on a daily basis.

Loads of times people look at it as a black and white issue, lockdown everything vs get rid of all restrictions and live like before, when in reality is way more complex than this. I'm sure that your point of view changes if you've managed to survive cancer, had your chemo treatment and simply want to survive vs being fit and healthy and wanting to go to fecking Ibiza for a stag do.

Is it 100% eradicated in NZ? Is the entire population completely protected from it or do they have to live the rest of their lives in a hermetically sealed bubble?

Comment

As I already stated, no, cause not a lot of other countries followed the same rules, but once they had no cases inside the infection was only possible from outside.

Long term full lockdown with quarantine for everyone is not really a sustainable approach, especially if you rely on tourism a lot, but it allowed NZ to fight the pandemic really effectively before vaccines were widely available. And that was the whole point of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Is it 100% eradicated in NZ? Is the entire population completely protected from it or do they have to live the rest of their lives in a hermetically sealed bubble?
                      Why rest of life? Maybe 2-3 years to see how things evolve, that will give long term vaccine info also, seems like a sensible path to take for those lucky enough to have natural borders on an island/continent.

Comment

Working...
                      X