• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Just listened to PMQs.

When answering Iain Blackford, leader of SNP, Boris Johnson admitted we are in the middle of a third wave....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

That's the point, they're not pinged due to a close contact. They are sent home en masse due to a very crude system which everyone agrees is rubbish, and indeed has been dropped for next term.
    Indeed but the infection rate is going through the roof. Crude maybe but can't deny the figures. It isn't me so it's all OK mentality isn't getting us anywhere at the moment. Next term is nearly two months away.

I don't see many people agreeing it's rubbing? The infection rates are rubbish. The methods of handling are the best we can do.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All I'm seeing is yet more support for not having kids.
    Luckily they grow up and hopefully move out...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All I'm seeing is yet more support for not having kids.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Granted there is nothing in the law stopping them. Common sense of organising a large gathering when they are actually off because they've been pinged or are isolating due to close contact is well... erm.... yeah.
    That's the point, they're not pinged due to a close contact. They are sent home en masse due to a very crude system which everyone agrees is rubbish, and indeed has been dropped for next term.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Since drinking on the Tube was banned, there's a dearth of public access drinking spots now
    FFS so another OAP asleep in the sun on a bench outside the library with a can next to him.

Hopefully he's still there so he gets a shower....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Those parents can also go to the pub and mingle, or whatever. If it's within the law and no kids have symptoms I don't see why they shouldn't when everyone else is able to do stuff.
    Granted there is nothing in the law stopping them. Common sense of organising a large gathering when they are actually off because they've been pinged or are isolating due to close contact is well... erm.... yeah.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

They might not but there could be two parents per child in attendance at these does. They aren't small things nowadays.
    Those parents can also go to the pub and mingle, or whatever. If it's within the law and no kids have symptoms I don't see why they shouldn't when everyone else is able to do stuff.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well n not if none of them have it and it's only due to ridiculous bubbles which now don't exist (actually not sure if the rules already changed but they might have).
    They might not but there could be two parents per child in attendance at these does. They aren't small things nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

What drives me up the ******* wall is our local community fb chat is talking about the Y6's not getting a leaving do and the parents are trying to organise one for them. That would be the Y6's that are isolating becuase of covid? But yeah, go ahead and arrange a party for them. Nothing wrong with that right?
    Well n not if none of them have it and it's only due to ridiculous bubbles which now don't exist (actually not sure if the rules already changed but they might have).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X