• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They are doing it to conduct what is in effect a "forced vaccination" via infection of those who would not otherwise vaccinate, at a price of death for those who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons.
    Yes. If you take the view that the government actually want as many of the unvaccinated population as possible to get infected before the autumn, then the actions they are taking now start to make a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Yes. If you take the view that the government actually want as many of the unvaccinated population as possible to get infected before the autumn, then the actions they are taking now start to make a lot more sense.
      Apparently the reasons for vaccine hesitancy amongst the younger population are:

1. They haven't seen the effects of serious diseases first hand thanks to well-run vaccination programs e.g. polio, MMR, BCG
      2. All the people they know dead from Covid are old.
      3. All the people with Long Covid are so ill they hide from the world.
      4. They are young so they are immortal
      Therefore they don't need a vaccination

However if vaccine passports are brought in stopping them partying and going on holiday, they will book and get the jab.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        However if vaccine passports are brought in stopping them partying and going on holiday, they will book and get the jab.
        Just look at what happened in France after Macron deemed vaccines required to go to a cafe!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Apparently the reasons for vaccine hesitancy amongst the younger population are:

1. They haven't seen the effects of serious diseases first hand thanks to well-run vaccination programs e.g. polio, MMR, BCG
          2. All the people they know dead from Covid are old.
          3. All the people with Long Covid are so ill they hide from the world.
          4. They are young so they are immortal
          Therefore they don't need a vaccination
          5. They are lazy and unable to make decisions or commitments

I think 5. is quite key. Not "I don't want the jab" but "oh, yeah, I'll get that when I remember to but I'm a bit busy right now" -> fast-forward 3 months "I've just got a lot on my plate right now I've not had time".

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think 5. is quite key. Not "I don't want the jab" but "oh, yeah, I'll get that when I remember to but I'm a bit busy right now" -> fast-forward 3 months "I've just got a lot on my plate right now I've not had time".
            When I got my second vaccine the nurse said that people came in just to abuse them.

It was in the news this week that the abusers are now mostly younger people.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

48k cases today, +16k on last week!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                48k cases today, +16k on last week!
                Case numbers are so 2020. It's all about the deaths now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  With high prevalence there will be far more opportunities for virus to break through vaccine cover, something that was not tested during trials because social distancing and big fear was present.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

63 dead today. With a two week lag to cases, 100 a day looks baked in by the end of the month, and then who knows? That's a minimum rate of 36,500 largely preventable deaths per year.

Comment

The most vulnerable groups were vaccinated first and now their vaccine protection is slowly going away, if virus is everywhere then they will be constantly under attack.

Comment

Working...
                      X