• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I am bored of this corona virus tulip
    Just open up the economy as every man and his dog is vaccinated.
    Nope, between 65 and 70% of adults in the uk have had both jabs.

Between the under 18's who aren't being vaccinated and the un-vaccinated adults you have a perfect setup for the virus to remain at large and be given the chance to mutate to a version that is not blocked by the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    No they aren't.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Also, it's pretty sunny and hot - imagine what will be in autumn and winter: coronaviruses love cold.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    The real question is: why aren't we on their red list?
    Money from wealthy tourists like ladymuch and poor sods like psychocandy?

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Rumours that France is to go on the Red list soon....
    The real question is: why aren't we on their red list? I am amazed that so many countries are still letting us in.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Obviously she is getting it from people visiting the site, but that means the app actually works, which personally I find it surprising
    There was an article in the papers today that said over 35% of people pinged go on to have symptoms. That seems extraordinarily high to me (esp with our vac rate), but if true it does suggest that the app is working, and working very well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't recognise that the people aren't visiting her house.
    Is there a better solution? No, it's what we've got (it should have been made better over last 12 months).

Removing those "pings" would accelerate virus spread.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Rumours that France is to go on the Red list soon....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Obviously she is getting it from people visiting the site, but that means the app actually works, which personally I find it surprising
    The problem is that it doesn't recognise that the people aren't visiting her house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X