• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What bad would Johnson have to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    There's a sizable chunk of the electorate that still loves him.

But the Tory party and MP's in particular - that's a different matter.

He now has 2 factions in the party - the Southern, well-off Tories who hate to put their hands in their pockets for anything other than Tory donations to keep taxes and worker's rights as low as possible, and the Northern 'red-wall' seats who are expecting him to make good on his promises and flash the cash in their direction.

Something is going to have to give in that situation, it may just be a couple of years before it does.

In the meantime, the Tory party could become the next reality tv show hit while they fight it out.
    Be interesting to see how they sort out paying the pandemic spending back.

Anyone want a Garden bridge? Or some water cannon?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      How about getting a 17-year old girl pregnant?
      They'd say he is a family man...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You mean fully vaccinated, enjoying a massive recovery ahead of the EU, without yellow vest protests daily UK?

Do explain your vision. Link to reputable sources if you want.
        Could not find the crystal ball Emoji, sorry.

However an old article from 2020.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b6e96a22b4f81d

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They'd say he is a family man...
          Journo "Boris - how many children do you have?"

Boris "That is irrelevant to...."

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Could not find the crystal ball Emoji, sorry.

However an old article from 2020.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b6e96a22b4f81d
            David Milliband couldn't get himself elected last time, how does a loser coming back explain your low opinion of the UK? Show your workings...
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You mean fully vaccinated, enjoying a massive recovery ahead of the EU, without yellow vest protests daily UK?
              Give me 6 months to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                Maybe they don't want to win.

Who the hell would want to run the country at the moment. .
                THe last year has been very bad but the next bit could be fun.

And rarely has a PM had the opportunity for such direct control with little opposition. If you just like power, the PM has had plenty of that.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I see the usual right wingers are here to promote words only used by them: 'woke' being a favourite.

Boris Johnson: Has 8 children, most of whom were with people he was cheating on his wife with, or previous partner. If anybody behaved like that who was my friend, I would have a word with them after the first incident and then not be friends with them. You can definitely extrapolate the way people conduct them-self in their private life to their professional life.

To conflate minor indiscretions with the way Boris Johnson has conduct himself in relationships seems unfair, but perhaps my standards are far higher than that of some posters here.

Do the Tories represent you and your interests? Really?

Here's why they don't: they represent the wealthy. What's your permanent salary prospects? The same as 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007? Me too. Goods and services cost significantly more than twenty years ago and yet wages for the lower paid half of England are the same or less than twenty years ago. It's madness.

The Tories are interested in supplying cheap labour from abroad and cheap labour (you) from within the UK to ensure that company owners and large multinationals get cheap bums on seats - whether those seats are at home or in an office somewhere.

Young people have the lowest share of wealth of any generation in the last 103 years. It's just shy of 3% of all UK wealth. Why do we treat them so poorly? Not a single poster here experienced such a low share of wealth, yet English people seem to want to vote for a party that has great public relations spin but is only good at PR!

Actions speak louder than words and the 'Conservative&Unionist' party have shown that the action doesn't match the PR speak. Sure, vaccination status looks good, which is really not down to the Tories but is down to a great effort by the NHS, PHE, NHS Scotland and groups formed to try source vaccines from around the world and including within the UK. Does this detract from the lack of good jobs, good pay and whatnot for those under the age of 45? I really think it's a different topic.

Looking at my own career, I can see that my ability to earn true wealth has diminished in the last twenty years. This means that those coming into contracting or our various IT industries (for the most part, on this forum, it's IT or related areas) have less earning capacity than ever before.

THAT is what you are voting for with the Tories. You are, quite literally, approving of the traditional class structure and top-heavy wealth structure of the UK.

Still, if you have a low IQ, you can moan about "yellow vests in Europe" (we are in Europe, vetran - go check a map of Europe!) and detract from the real matters but ultimately England seems to be irretrievably broken, caused by a two party political system that means people have to choose between two bad choices.

Resolution: proportional representation, new parties that can gain representation. Thankfully the 'Independent Green Voice' and 'The Family Party' are seen for what they are: far right wing homophobic, pro-fascist nonsense that even in a PR system will never see success.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    If you just like power, the PM has had plenty of that.
                    With all his powers he can't afford wallpaper to cover cracks in a very old rented flat.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
                      Resolution: proportional representation, new parties that can gain representation. Thankfully the 'Independent Green Voice' and 'The Family Party' are seen for what they are: far right wing homophobic, pro-fascist nonsense that even in a PR system will never see success.
                      Yes. We despreately need a political system that gives voice to the centre ground - which is where people overwhelmingly are in this country. Labour is/was almost completely hijacked by the left, which was surprisingly easy to do, and the Tories are turning ever further right - not because their voters are, particularly, but because those are the noisiest members of their parliamentary party. I've never felt more disenfranchised than I do right now. There is literally party that I can vote for with a glad heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X