• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What bad would Johnson have to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read this morning that Dear Leader Bozo's desperate search for cash is caused by a £370k bill from dear old HMRC for money he earned after getting booted out as Foreign Sec by May.

Oh Dear, How Sad, Never Mind.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Strange this racism doesn't seem to affect the other races? Maybe only some races are picked on? Maybe UK racists are more selective as apparently all white people on this site are racist (wow you do understand how racist that sounds)?

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....8-years/latest

As you know I live nearish Slough an area where white British are an ethnic minority. The traditional population is mainly Indian subcontinent but many African. We have seen a massive growth in Eastern European in the last two decades.

Now I am sure there is racism in the UK but it is far more complicated than that and we need to deal with that.
      I have worked for large American companies who hired purely on merit. We had more Asians than whites in some areas. Very few Africans. Why I really don't know, I have worked with some great people with that ethnicity? The hiring rules were also very strict.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
        .. 'Woke' is a synonym of 'empathy'. ..
        'Woke' has become a synonym for ostentatious championing of "victims", real or imagined, generally with the wokester's conceited aim of showing they are in a position of influence and relative strength, like St George gaining kudos and fame for slaying a dragon.
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 8 May 2021, 06:03.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

But does that then exclude the showing of any compassion or empathy? Because if you show *anything* like that you’re accused of being woke.

Which is why woke accusers are considered selfish callous gits.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I see the usual right wingers are here to promote words only used by them: 'woke' being a favourite.

Boris Johnson: Has 8 children, most of whom were with people he was cheating on his wife with, or previous partner. If anybody behaved like that who was my friend, I would have a word with them after the first incident and then not be friends with them. You can definitely extrapolate the way people conduct them-self in their private life to their professional life.
            Broke: 8 kids
            Woke: 8 Abortions

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              But does that then exclude the showing of any compassion or empathy? [
              If understated, like anonymous charitable donations or people getting on with helping genuine victims without making a big public fuss about it then I guess not.

But true benevolence has been hijacked by strident attention seekers whose motives are more along the lines I sketched, although I don't dispute some may act partly out of empathy or misplaced guilt. Harry & Meghan seem like classic examples, although to be fair it is harder for celebrities to keep their good works understated, even if they want that, when the media trumpets their every word and deed!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

A hole in Britain’s finances is starting to worry economists and stoke concerns about the pound. This time, the vast budget deficit created by the pandemic is not the issue.
                Now the election is out of the way Boris can continue with his Greece Mk2 strategy.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

The fascinating thing about power is that what can be given so effortlessly can so easily be taken away.
                  And very quickly in the case of the Conservatives.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I see the usual right wingers are here to promote words only used by them: 'woke' being a favourite.

Boris Johnson: Has 8 children, most of whom were with people he was cheating on his wife with, or previous partner. If anybody behaved like that who was my friend, I would have a word with them after the first incident and then not be friends with them. You can definitely extrapolate the way people conduct them-self in their private life to their professional life.
                    You are absolutely right about the extrapolation and how things from his private life go into is public life, he gets things done and is not a limp dick.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

To conflate minor indiscretions with the way Boris Johnson has conduct himself in relationships seems unfair, but perhaps my standards are far higher than that of some posters here.

Do the Tories represent you and your interests? Really?

Here's why they don't: they represent the wealthy. What's your permanent salary prospects? The same as 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007? Me too. Goods and services cost significantly more than twenty years ago and yet wages for the lower paid half of England are the same or less than twenty years ago. It's madness.

The Tories are interested in supplying cheap labour from abroad and cheap labour (you) from within the UK to ensure that company owners and large multinationals get cheap bums on seats - whether those seats are at home or in an office somewhere.

Young people have the lowest share of wealth of any generation in the last 103 years. It's just shy of 3% of all UK wealth. Why do we treat them so poorly? Not a single poster here experienced such a low share of wealth, yet English people seem to want to vote for a party that has great public relations spin but is only good at PR!

Actions speak louder than words and the 'Conservative&Unionist' party have shown that the action doesn't match the PR speak. Sure, vaccination status looks good, which is really not down to the Tories but is down to a great effort by the NHS, PHE, NHS Scotland and groups formed to try source vaccines from around the world and including within the UK. Does this detract from the lack of good jobs, good pay and whatnot for those under the age of 45? I really think it's a different topic.

Looking at my own career, I can see that my ability to earn true wealth has diminished in the last twenty years. This means that those coming into contracting or our various IT industries (for the most part, on this forum, it's IT or related areas) have less earning capacity than ever before.

THAT is what you are voting for with the Tories. You are, quite literally, approving of the traditional class structure and top-heavy wealth structure of the UK.

Still, if you have a low IQ, you can moan about "yellow vests in Europe" (we are in Europe, vetran - go check a map of Europe!) and detract from the real matters but ultimately England seems to be irretrievably broken, caused by a two party political system that means people have to choose between two bad choices.

Resolution: proportional representation, new parties that can gain representation. Thankfully the 'Independent Green Voice' and 'The Family Party' are seen for what they are: far right wing homophobic, pro-fascist nonsense that even in a PR system will never see success.
                      Okay fess up! Who sent the CUK URL to Owen Jones?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X