• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chauvin Verdict

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chauvin Verdict

Closing arguments tomorrow then the jury deliberation begins. Having watched a chunk of it I'm not sure they will be able to get all 12 to convict him on any of the charges. Maybe on the lesser manslaughter one and he would get a few years, might even end up a mistrial even if they do.

But I think it will all be over by the end of the week and crazy will begin, absolute mental crazy.

I predicted manslaughter due to incompetence. Still my view, far too much in the way to prove premeditated murder IMHO.

But sadly whichever way unless he gets 40 years BLM will be rioting.

If he gets off will the council ask for their $27m back?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think you're all chauvinistic.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No way he'll get decades for murder. I reckon whatever they find he will get top end of the sentencing guidance just to try appese the BLM but it won't be enough. America is gonna burn for many many months now.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No way he'll get decades for murder. I reckon whatever they find he will get top end of the sentencing guidance just to try appese the BLM but it won't be enough. America is gonna burn for many many months now.
          Sadly true, they need to rip it out at the roots both sides and be totally fair, no one has the guts to do that

Comment

Its looking a lot like a mistrial

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...PIGS-HEAD.html

Severed PIG'S HEAD is left outside former home of Chauvin defense witness who said George Floyd's death was 'accidental'
            • Vandals struck early on Saturday at Barry Brodd's former home in Santa Rosa, California
            • They smeared animal blood all over the door and garage doors and left severed pig's head on the stoop
            • Brodd has not lived there for several years, but it appears he was the target, after he testified for the defense in Derek Chauvin's trial in Minnesota
            • Brodd claimed police were justified in pinning George Floyd while handcuffed
            I can safely predict it will end in riots!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uard-city.html

Minneapolis boards up and battens down as it braces for serious unrest as Derek Chauvin's trial enters its final phase amid rising tensions following drive-by shooting of two National Guardsmen
            • On Monday closing arguments will be heard in the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin
            • Swathes of the city have been boarded up in anticipation of a contentious verdict and barriers erected
            • Under Operation Safety Net 3,000 National Guard and 1,100 public safety officers have been brought in
            • Public schools in the city will close their classrooms and return to remote tuition from Wednesday
            • Some business owners in the city feel the militarization is excessive, but others welcome the show of force
            Last edited by vetran; 19 April 2021, 09:56.

Comment

At the start of the prosecution I thought he was going to be guilty on all the charges. ( is it even possibly to be guilty of both manslaughter and murder? )

But as time went by just too much stuff came up that was an issue, the doctor that did the autopsy said that a knee on the neck would not have caused his death, the prosecution police witness agreed that using the bodycam footage the knee was on his back. So the prosecution shifted after a few days to the death was caused by being handcuffed in a prone position, so they kind of wilted and stopped believing their main argument.

His drug dealer who he was with at the time refusing to testify as he didn't wanted to get murder charges put on him. Loads of stuff like that where there is just massive doubt, I think there is a big chance that a couple of the jury won't convict him, on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                At the start of the prosecution I thought he was going to be guilty on all the charges. ( is it even possibly to be guilty of both manslaughter and murder? )

But as time went by just too much stuff came up that was an issue, the doctor that did the autopsy said that a knee on the neck would not have caused his death, the prosecution police witness agreed that using the bodycam footage the knee was on his back. So the prosecution shifted after a few days to the death was caused by being handcuffed in a prone position, so they kind of wilted and stopped believing their main argument.

His drug dealer who he was with at the time refusing to testify as he didn't wanted to get murder charges put on him. Loads of stuff like that where there is just massive doubt, I think there is a big chance that a couple of the jury won't convict him, on anything.
                I do hope the Police prosecute the drug dealer.

America will burn if Chauvin is freed. BLM have depended too much on this. You would have thought they would have checked who they were putting forward for sainthood before throwing the first rock.

Comment

I suspect the USA will burn whatever the verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    I suspect the USA will burn whatever the verdict.
                    I was trying to be positive.

Maybe Biden will make Police Brutality become a federal matter (avoid local cover ups) and roll up the figures to convince people that the police mainly do a good job.

Comment

Working...
                    X