• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chauvin Verdict

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Either it sets a precident that no officer will dare arrest a drugged up criminal because they will be sacked if anything goes even slightly wrong.
    Murdering arrested person (who seems to be black all the time) isn’t something “slightly wrong” - slowly, on camera while people watch, if that’s not punishable then nothing is

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Murdering arrested person (who seems to be black all the time) isn’t something “slightly wrong” - slowly, on camera while people watch, if that’s not punishable then nothing is
      The majority of deaths are white. And i'm sure the probability of dying while being arrested is still higher if you are white. It's just that black people do end up getting killed a lot as they tend to get arrested a lot more. 30% of black adults are felons.

The guy was going to die anyway, the knee wasn't a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        And i'm sure the probability of dying while being arrested is still higher if you are white.
        Maybe for arrest, but I doubt it. The chance of dying due to police action for whites is about 0.04%, for blacks about 0.1% over a lifetime. wrong. https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Thats a 2.5 greater chance.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Maybe for arrest, but I doubt it. The chance of dying due to police action for whites is about 0.04%, for blacks about 0.1% over a lifetime. wrong. https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Have they removed the suicide by cop and armed idiots who when told to show their hands swivel round fast with their hands behind their body?

Statistics are great but they won't give the full picture maybe risk rises with likelihood of prison?

https://www.sentencingproject.org/pu...state-prisons/

The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 35% of state prisoners are white, 38% are black, and 21% are Hispanic.7) In twelve states more than half of the prison population is African American. Though the reliability of data on ethnicity is not as strong as it is for race estimates, the Hispanic population in state prisons is as high as 61% in New Mexico and 42% in both Arizona and California. In an additional seven states, at least one in five inmates is Hispanic.8) While viewing percentages reveals a degree of disproportion for people of color when compared to the overall general population (where 62% are white, 13% are black, and 17% are Hispanic),9) viewing the composition of prison populations from this perspective only tells some of the story.
          Now you could believe that the Police, Courts, Juries and Judges are all prejudiced or that AAs are three times more likely to be involved in criminality.

Looking at the average state rates of incarceration, we see that overall blacks are incarcerated at a rate of 1,408 per 100,000 while whites are incarcerated at a rate of 275 per 100,000. This means that blacks are incarcerated at a rate that is 5.1 times that of whites. This national look also shows that Hispanics are held in state prisons at an average rate of 378 per 100,000, producing a disparity ratio of 1.4:1 compared to whites.
          Strangely Asians are much less likely to be incarcerated. Odd considering many cops are ex army or from service countries I would expect the Vietnam/Korea/Japan factor to be significant. However looking at the prison population something terrible must be happening

Breaking down these figures by age and gender reveals dramatic findings. In 11 states, at least 1 in 20 adult black males is in prison (see Table 2). Staggering on its own, these figures do not even include incarceration in federal prisons or jails, which would generally increase the number of people by approximately 50%. In Oklahoma, the state with the highest black incarceration rate, one in 29 African American adults is in prison, and this reduces to one in 15 when restricted to black males age 18 and older.
          Now there is research that suggests some inmates may possibly have had a rough deal.

Alfred Blumstein’s work in this area examined racial differences in arrests and, after comparing these to prison demographics, determined that approximately 80% of prison disparity among state prisoners in 1979 was explained by differential offending by race, leaving 20% unexplained.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Strangely Asians are much less likely to be incarcerated. Odd considering many cops are ex army or from service countries I would expect the Vietnam/Korea/Japan factor to be significant. However looking at the prison population something terrible must be happening
            Haven't you heard of the phrase "model minority"?

If not look it up.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

For arrest, yes, I'm sure the chance of being killed is slightly higher if you are white.

And I am surprised it is as low as 2.5, the probability of committing murder is something like 8 times greater if you are black.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Haven't you heard of the phrase "model minority"?

If not look it up.
                Oh interesting thanks. So that is a theory that suggests we expect more and assist less individuals in an ethnic minority that is on the whole over achieving, this may leads to a very seriously disadvantaged minority in the model minority. Correct me if I misunderstood that?

Yet the statistics seem to suggest that Asians are much less likely to be in prison. That sort of suggests to me that they are less likely to be involved in criminality. So even if the Model Minority theory is valid (seems likely) the less valued Asians aren't turning to crime.

As I said if over representation in crime figures is based on racism and with a history of Americas wars in Asia would mean a much larger number of Asians would be in prison.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Commenting for or against a specific verdict no.
                  Well he's American, so one must make allowances for not knowing how to behave.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

If a cop can't control a criminal and make a safe arrest in 9 minutes then there is something seriously wrong ... no?
                    Says Bertie Big-Bollocks who used to stun gazelles for a pastime.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh interesting thanks. So that is a theory that suggests we expect more and assist less individuals in an ethnic minority that is on the whole over achieving, this may leads to a very seriously disadvantaged minority in the model minority. Correct me if I misunderstood that?

Yet the statistics seem to suggest that Asians are much less likely to be in prison. That sort of suggests to me that they are less likely to be involved in criminality. So even if the Model Minority theory is valid (seems likely) the less valued Asians aren't turning to crime.

As I said if over representation in crime figures is based on racism and with a history of Americas wars in Asia would mean a much larger number of Asians would be in prison.
                      In the UK the ethnicities you listed while they are also considered "model minorities" are also good at organised crime including modern slavery.

When they end up being taken to Court and given hefty sentences they rarely make the front page/main news of the day. This again drives the perception that none of them are criminally minded.

​​​​​​I therefore doubt the same minorities in the US are less criminally minded they are just choose crimes that aren't normally targeted.

​​​​​
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X