• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duke of Edinburgh RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm feeling a bit sad for the people of Vanuatu, in the Pacific Ocean, who worship him as their god.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...hilip-10370779

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      State funeral, day off?

Another kick in the teeth for contractors who will lose a days billing
      Just bill it. I billed for Princess Di's funeral even though I did absolutely ***k all for the entire day.
      Were I not retired I would bill for his funeral and for Lizzie's
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

They've take me music off the radio! Driving to pick lawnmower up looking forward to some 6music or Classic Rock and it's noithing but Sam Smith, Coldplay, David Gray and all that toss.

Are they going to cancel the football like they did when Diana passed on? I had that day all setup for LFC v Newcastle in the pub followed by more drinking, plus the fine lady I was supposed to be meeting decided not to bother as she was too emotional.

Edit when I paint the daughter's bedroom later I guess it's Back In Black instead of the radio.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I'm thinking of it as a dress rehearsal for Betty. I've already planned to go abroad for a month as there really will be nowt on TV - just hope borders are open by then.

Comment

Fecker was hardcore, taking out Diana like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Going to be crap-all on mainstream telly for the next week or two then
              I'm sure there'll be Trucking Hell, Police Interceptors, Traffic Cops et al to watch.

Much like I'm watching Police Interceptors right now.

Though I was disappointed that Engineering Disasters wasn't on Forces TV.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 April 2021, 14:25.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

They're closing the pubs on Monday as a mark of respect.

Let's see who this triggers first.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You'd think this is a dead cert for the 'Widowhood effect' where the surviving partner passes very soon after. Sometimes called 'dying of a broken heart'. Could be very different because of the lifestyle they both had where it's too full of engagements to have the same impact of where an elderly couple live on their own and rely on each other.

I'd hate for that to happen but I bet there will be a lot of plans kicking off in the background.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You'd think this is a dead cert for the 'Widowhood effect' where the surviving partner passes very soon after. Sometimes called 'dying of a broken heart'. Could be very different because of the lifestyle they both had where it's too full of engagements to have the same impact of where an elderly couple live on their own and rely on each other.

I'd hate for that to happen but I bet there will be a lot of plans kicking off in the background.
                    I'm sure I remember in the 80s there were loads of TV programmes about the BBC readiness and what they'll do with Betty carks it. I doubt they'll have updated it much, and I expect at the back end of the month there will be plenty of non-journalism on the subject.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Edit when I paint the daughter's bedroom later I guess it's Back In Black instead of the radio. ..
                      You're painting your daughter's bedroom black?! Well I guess on the plus side, it'll be quite calming, sort of like being back in the womb.

I would say it will also be nice and dark at night, and thus easy to nod off in. But most peoples' bedrooms these days are so full of glowing electronic gadgets, the rooms look more like the cockpit of the Starship Enterprise when the lights are off!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X