• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car tyre inflator recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with a good old fashioned foot pump? Had one of these for 20 years and it's never failed.

You also get a bit of a workout at the same time.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      bought one of these at the weekend as my trusty old Chinese one expired.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TIREWELL-12.../dp/B06ZXR9P6R

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.
      I would be very tempted to connect that to a train-horn for the car.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        bought one of these at the weekend as my trusty old Chinese one expired.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TIREWELL-12.../dp/B06ZXR9P6R

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.
        Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.
          That looks like a straight copy (Chinese, ahem...) of my big Ring one for the Motorhome. The problem is that it has a cigar lighter connection; Ring are at pains to point out that this will overload the vehicle electrics and that theirs should only be connected directly to the vehicle battery (easy in the motorhome's case because Fiat platforms have the necessary connection points under the bonnet).

I rather doubt it has an auto stop. It appears to have just a pressure gauge on the pump body (which is less convenient than mine which has it at the valve connection end),

So I have my doubts you have made the best choice...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

INKSPE you don't have a proper wolf compressor fitted in the garage with a retractable hose? Pop on a controllable socket in the wings and its easy. Pop some mat underneath to dull the noise.

Car, motorhome tyres, balls, nut wrench, big sander and polisher for bodywork etc.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Someone should develop a tyre valve with a small high-pressure release valve on its side that opens slightly and whistles when the correct pressure is reached!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I bought one of these last year - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QR4Q42L - it works well and the digital pressure gauge means you can set it to the pressure you need and it'll stop when it gets there, like the supermarket / petrol station ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

it doesn't, but it can take a motorhome tyre from totally flat to 60PSI in under 5 minutes. The cheaper ones have all sorts of gadgets. I wanted something sturdy and fast.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    INKSPE you don't have a proper wolf compressor fitted in the garage with a retractable hose? Pop on a controllable socket in the wings and its easy. Pop some mat underneath to dull the noise.

Car, motorhome tyres, balls, nut wrench, big sander and polisher for bodywork etc.
                    INKSPE - mine is portable, and in the motorhome so if I get a flat whilst away (away being the reason I bought the bloody thing) I can inflate it. Fixed compressors like yours are for mechanic workshops or posers (*checks we're in general*) with micro-dicks... HTH
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That looks like a straight copy (Chinese, ahem...) of my big Ring one for the Motorhome. The problem is that it has a cigar lighter connection; Ring are at pains to point out that this will overload the vehicle electrics and that theirs should only be connected directly to the vehicle battery (easy in the motorhome's case because Fiat platforms have the necessary connection points under the bonnet).

I rather doubt it has an auto stop. It appears to have just a pressure gauge on the pump body (which is less convenient than mine which has it at the valve connection end),

So I have my doubts you have made the best choice...
                      it does have a cigar plug, but also a pair of clamps (for batteries not nipples).
                      Auto stop not needed as it's fast enough. And the body is the right place for it IMO.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X