• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car tyre inflator recommendations"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Yep, that's my other one. NBG for 80psi motorhome tyres though...

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I use this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC635.../dp/B00OP0WZGI
    works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

I have one of these I take everywhere.
    Clarke Heavy Duty JumpStart® 4000 - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Yes I am familiar with the Ducato jump points. They are needed every February after it's been left standing all winter
    I use a trickle charger for that. Kinder on the battery.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

INKSPE - mine is portable, and in the motorhome so if I get a flat whilst away (away being the reason I bought the bloody thing) I can inflate it. Fixed compressors like yours are for mechanic workshops or posers (*checks we're in general*) with micro-dicks... HTH
    Oh I think the butler packs the portable one.

If I am away I use a garage one or the AA.

Actually I was shocked at how useful having one in the Garage is, balls, bikes etc. Your opinions on peoples dicks are noted. Maybe we should call you pin prick?
    Last edited by vetran; 8 April 2021, 11:32.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Fair enough - just don't plug it in! The Ducato has a large, lidded flat plate linked to the positive pole on the battery (which is under the cab floor) and a damn great bolt to act as the earth point so a good clipped connection is easy.

Gauge on the body? Well we will just have to agree to disagree. Wait until it's hooked in at the engine end and you have to drop a couple of PSI 'cos you overinflated the RHS back tyre tyre slightly - which is all too easy. Having the gauge next to the valve is quite handy!

FWIW I went through the market and lots of recommendations when I bought my Ring one for £120-ish.

Also FWIW I agree with you about fixed compressors!!
    I have one of these I take everywhere.
    Clarke Heavy Duty JumpStart® 4000 - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Yes I am familiar with the Ducato jump points. They are needed every February after it's been left standing all winter

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

it does have a cigar plug, but also a pair of clamps (for batteries not nipples).
    Auto stop not needed as it's fast enough. And the body is the right place for it IMO.
    Fair enough - just don't plug it in! The Ducato has a large, lidded flat plate linked to the positive pole on the battery (which is under the cab floor) and a damn great bolt to act as the earth point so a good clipped connection is easy.

Gauge on the body? Well we will just have to agree to disagree. Wait until it's hooked in at the engine end and you have to drop a couple of PSI 'cos you overinflated the RHS back tyre tyre slightly - which is all too easy. Having the gauge next to the valve is quite handy!

FWIW I went through the market and lots of recommendations when I bought my Ring one for £120-ish.

Also FWIW I agree with you about fixed compressors!!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That looks like a straight copy (Chinese, ahem...) of my big Ring one for the Motorhome. The problem is that it has a cigar lighter connection; Ring are at pains to point out that this will overload the vehicle electrics and that theirs should only be connected directly to the vehicle battery (easy in the motorhome's case because Fiat platforms have the necessary connection points under the bonnet).

I rather doubt it has an auto stop. It appears to have just a pressure gauge on the pump body (which is less convenient than mine which has it at the valve connection end),

So I have my doubts you have made the best choice...
    it does have a cigar plug, but also a pair of clamps (for batteries not nipples).
    Auto stop not needed as it's fast enough. And the body is the right place for it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    INKSPE you don't have a proper wolf compressor fitted in the garage with a retractable hose? Pop on a controllable socket in the wings and its easy. Pop some mat underneath to dull the noise.

Car, motorhome tyres, balls, nut wrench, big sander and polisher for bodywork etc.
    INKSPE - mine is portable, and in the motorhome so if I get a flat whilst away (away being the reason I bought the bloody thing) I can inflate it. Fixed compressors like yours are for mechanic workshops or posers (*checks we're in general*) with micro-dicks... HTH

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.
    it doesn't, but it can take a motorhome tyre from totally flat to 60PSI in under 5 minutes. The cheaper ones have all sorts of gadgets. I wanted something sturdy and fast.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    I bought one of these last year - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QR4Q42L - it works well and the digital pressure gauge means you can set it to the pressure you need and it'll stop when it gets there, like the supermarket / petrol station ones.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Someone should develop a tyre valve with a small high-pressure release valve on its side that opens slightly and whistles when the correct pressure is reached!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    INKSPE you don't have a proper wolf compressor fitted in the garage with a retractable hose? Pop on a controllable socket in the wings and its easy. Pop some mat underneath to dull the noise.

Car, motorhome tyres, balls, nut wrench, big sander and polisher for bodywork etc.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Thanks Lance. Just ordered one. Does it have auto-cut off like the digital ones? Searched for its manual/user guide but couldn't fine one.
    That looks like a straight copy (Chinese, ahem...) of my big Ring one for the Motorhome. The problem is that it has a cigar lighter connection; Ring are at pains to point out that this will overload the vehicle electrics and that theirs should only be connected directly to the vehicle battery (easy in the motorhome's case because Fiat platforms have the necessary connection points under the bonnet).

I rather doubt it has an auto stop. It appears to have just a pressure gauge on the pump body (which is less convenient than mine which has it at the valve connection end),

So I have my doubts you have made the best choice...

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    bought one of these at the weekend as my trusty old Chinese one expired.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TIREWELL-12.../dp/B06ZXR9P6R

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    bought one of these at the weekend as my trusty old Chinese one expired.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TIREWELL-12.../dp/B06ZXR9P6R

It's good, as it should be for the price. But I reckon if you buy it cheap you buy it twice.
    I would be very tempted to connect that to a train-horn for the car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X