• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car tyre inflator recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

it does have a cigar plug, but also a pair of clamps (for batteries not nipples).
    Auto stop not needed as it's fast enough. And the body is the right place for it IMO.
    Fair enough - just don't plug it in! The Ducato has a large, lidded flat plate linked to the positive pole on the battery (which is under the cab floor) and a damn great bolt to act as the earth point so a good clipped connection is easy.

Gauge on the body? Well we will just have to agree to disagree. Wait until it's hooked in at the engine end and you have to drop a couple of PSI 'cos you overinflated the RHS back tyre tyre slightly - which is all too easy. Having the gauge next to the valve is quite handy!

FWIW I went through the market and lots of recommendations when I bought my Ring one for £120-ish.

Also FWIW I agree with you about fixed compressors!!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Fair enough - just don't plug it in! The Ducato has a large, lidded flat plate linked to the positive pole on the battery (which is under the cab floor) and a damn great bolt to act as the earth point so a good clipped connection is easy.

Gauge on the body? Well we will just have to agree to disagree. Wait until it's hooked in at the engine end and you have to drop a couple of PSI 'cos you overinflated the RHS back tyre tyre slightly - which is all too easy. Having the gauge next to the valve is quite handy!

FWIW I went through the market and lots of recommendations when I bought my Ring one for £120-ish.

Also FWIW I agree with you about fixed compressors!!
      I have one of these I take everywhere.
      Clarke Heavy Duty JumpStart® 4000 - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Yes I am familiar with the Ducato jump points. They are needed every February after it's been left standing all winter
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

INKSPE - mine is portable, and in the motorhome so if I get a flat whilst away (away being the reason I bought the bloody thing) I can inflate it. Fixed compressors like yours are for mechanic workshops or posers (*checks we're in general*) with micro-dicks... HTH
        Oh I think the butler packs the portable one.

If I am away I use a garage one or the AA.

Actually I was shocked at how useful having one in the Garage is, balls, bikes etc. Your opinions on peoples dicks are noted. Maybe we should call you pin prick?
        Last edited by vetran; 8 April 2021, 11:32.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have one of these I take everywhere.
          Clarke Heavy Duty JumpStart® 4000 - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Yes I am familiar with the Ducato jump points. They are needed every February after it's been left standing all winter
          I use a trickle charger for that. Kinder on the battery.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I use this one
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC635.../dp/B00OP0WZGI
            works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Yep, that's my other one. NBG for 80psi motorhome tyres though...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X