• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What barbecue?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What barbecue?

I'm looking for a gas barbecue. Only gas, not interested in bbq that use stuff like pellets, charcoal and the likes.

What do you guys have and what brands can you recommend?

Friends of mine are well into BBQ'ing and swear by their Weber BBQ.

Scruff should be able to advise as he does a brai as often as he can

Comment

I guess it depends on how much you want to pay for it and what you want to do on it.

Do you want to cook pizzas, a whole chicken or half a sheep?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do you want something portable? Do you need a gas ring as well? How many peoples you cooking for? what colour do you want? How big do you want?

Comment

Weber Q is decent enough. We've had one, kept outside for 15 years and it is still fine(ish). Aluminium shell, so rust proof apart from the grill itself, which is protected. Also the grill is a proper cast iron thing, not these flimsy chrome bars you see on a lot of bbqs. They come in a range of sizes to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I guess it depends on how much you want to pay for it and what you want to do on it.

Do you want to cook pizzas, a whole chicken or half a sheep?
            Spit-roast?

Click image for larger version

Name:	EFp-QbZXYAM1X0A.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	4154002
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Thanks already

So, most of the time I'll be cooking for 2. The most I'll cook for is likely to be 6.

Just want to cook various meats, fish and some veg.

Don't need it to cook pizzas, I've already a dedicated pizza oven.

Don't want to spend more than £1000. Actually the closer to £500 the better

Comment

Gas use your kitchen Real men use real flames and stand around getting pie faced on wine and beer whilst solving the problems of the world and incinerating their boerewors

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  Gas use your kitchen Real men use real flames and stand around getting pie faced on wine and beer whilst solving the problems of the world and incinerating their boerewors
                  Nah, I'm a busy man. I've got better things to do than wait hours to chop wood and get the charcoal ready.

15 minutes and I'm ready to grill. I'll leave solving the world's problems to the others

Comment

I have a tiny spit of a patio that's directly under my neighbour's windows so I can't go for a trad BBQ due to smoke and lack of room. I bought one of these and it works well enough for HWMBO and I. You don't get that BBQ smokiness on the food, which I miss, but for ease of use it's good enough.

https://lotusgrill.co.uk/

I have the standard size but wish I'd bought the XL (or maybe even the the XXL). Expensive if buying direct but I managed to find an offer somewhere.

EDIT: Ignore all that, forgot you wanted gas
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 25 March 2021, 18:51.

Comment

Working...
                    X