• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair

So how long have you gone without a haircut and what age were you when it was as long?

I haven't had a cut since 10th December and now have hair that's approaching a blonde version of Nigel Havers in his youth Although I'm more of a man mountain than him The next cut is mid April when my floppy fringe will require the shampoo advert sweep every 30 seconds

My last haircut and colour was on 1 November. I am looking very grey now and my hair is well below my shoulders. I usually keep it about shoulder length as I have very fine wispy hair that doesn't work well when its long but is also too pathetic to work well when it's short.

I checked the online booking for my hairdresser and I'm not entirely sure if they will be reopening. They're no longer listing the stylist I used to visit so I may not go back to them at all. That'll be a shame as I've used that salon since I moved up to London.

Comment

I renewed my passport photo the other day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog_medium.png?v=1544104203.png
Views:	180
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	4153502
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

About 30 years ago, aged 21. Just use a BIC in the shower

Comment

I got some electric clippers from Cost Co. as I just had enough of this nonsense. Watched a Youtube video and had a go.

Wasn't too hard, the first go was passable and the second much better. I've paid for worse so will probably continue cutting my own hair indefinitely now as I'm only going to get better at it with time.
          Last edited by TwoWolves; 24 March 2021, 12:56.

Comment

I've been cutting my own hair for about 10 years, just a number 2 all over (as it were). Seems good enough to me, although a hairdresser friend (of a friend) once asked me if I cut my own hair, which kocked my confidence a bit. I guess they can tell.

Comment

I miss the big boobs of my hairdresser moving about as she cuts my hair.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I cut my own hair a month ago with a pair of kitchen scissors, satisfied and wondering why I didn't do it before.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I cut my own hair a month ago with a pair of kitchen scissors, satisfied and wondering why I didn't do it before.
                  To be fair though, you only appear to have three hairs.
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Not had mine cut in years. Currently reaches between my shoulder blades.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X