• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strewth, there's an app for that

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strewth, there's an app for that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56438560
    Australians have derided a suggestion by the New South Wales (NSW) police commissioner that an app could be used to register sexual consent.

What could go wrong!?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Wasnt this on a Black Mirror episode?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Australians have derided a suggestion by the New South Wales (NSW) police commissioner that an app could be used to register sexual consent.

What could go wrong!?
      NLyUK starts a cyber arm?

Lets be serious stopping and talking about intercourse before jumping into bed together initially has to be a step forward. A dated & timed video recording saying "I Tracy Smith agree to having sex with James Doe on 1/3/2021 subject to using a condom" that shows both are sober enough to consent would be a good start.

Strangely every time I had intercourse with a new partner we stopped and asked each other if that is what we wanted. I assumed everyone does but apparently not.

If someone forges it then its much easier to prove than he said/she said so a successful prosecution is more likely.

You still have the ability to claim that during the sex act agreement was withdrawn or acts not agreed were performed. This may have a different charge that is easier to prosecute as a result.

If in long term a relationship it may be more difficult to show consent continued but my understanding is that this is a different situation to many of the accusations and its more likely other people will be able to comment on the relationship being coercive.

1.5% of rape allegations go to court, less than 50% result in a conviction how do you fix that?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Not tonight Josephine, I can't get a signal!"
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Gov in UK could develop one.

We all got shafted with the track and trace app costs. So why not this one also.

What's that phrase in Australia for using sun cream.

Slip, Slop, Slap
          Last edited by mallisarealperson; 18 March 2021, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Strangely every time I had intercourse with a new partner we stopped and asked each other if that is what we wanted.
            Is that where the phrase "Speak to the hand..." stems from?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Is that where the phrase "Speak to the hand..." stems from?
              I as usual bow to your greater experience.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What could go wrong!?
                Next thing you know they'll be demanding people leave their mobbys propped up on the bedside table filming it too, so there can be no possible doubt.

What could possibly go wrong with _that_ ?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Next thing you know they'll be demanding people leave their mobbys propped up on the bedside table filming it too, so there can be no possible doubt.

What could possibly go wrong with _that_ ?
                  We can call it "Bang her Horror"?

Get recorded consent first seems the best idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-34698265

Around nine hours after saying goodbye to a woman he had just had sex with, Kayode Modupe-Ojo's life changed forever.

The police knocked on his door to arrest him on suspicion of rape.

The case went to trial last year and he eventually he was cleared.

Now he struggles to trust any woman.

He says it's totally changed his attitude towards dating.

He gets them to record their name and their consent on his phone before sex.
                  https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020...iminal-offence

Anyone who films a partner during sex without their consent is committing the criminal offence of voyeurism, the court of appeal has ruled in a case that may affect the Crown Prosecution Service’s apparent reluctance to bring charges.

The ruling by three judges came at the end of an unsuccessful appeal by a man convicted of filming himself having sex with prostitutes. His lawyers argued that the voyeurism law allowed him to do so since even a bedroom is not a private place if he was there legitimately.
                  and that may escalate nicely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9025216.html
                  A British woman told police she lodged a report that she was gang raped after men filmed her having sex with other members of their group without her consent to do so, reports in Cyprus claim.

The 19-year-old was arrested on Sunday after police said she withdrew an accusation that 12 Israelis raped her in a hotel room in the holiday resort of Ayia Napa in mid-July.
                  it

Comment

Bring back chastity belts with high tech unlock codes.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X