• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How not to treat...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

As could all those who turned up in breach of the current law. A doorstep protest or something similar would have been equally effective and probably gained positive support from all sides.

Yes you can demonstrate, obviously, if it involves no more than two people outdoors. They put the police in an impossible position.

(And yes, I know it was a vigil, whatever that means, not a demonstration)
    Well said. I seem to recall the "Clap the NHS" initiative having quite a profound effect on Public opinion, and all done in an entirely safe way too. But I guess such a common sense approach would have prevented many of the more militant "Karens" from violently confronting the bobbies trying to simply maintain law and order. Not really the look they were going for.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I wonder if "Karen" will be considered hate speech later this year?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...tumn-ztkbztjwd
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Nah the lefties suspend common sense on such things.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Well said. I seem to recall the "Clap the NHS" initiative having quite a profound effect on Public opinion, and all done in an entirely safe way too. But I guess such a common sense approach would have prevented many of the more militant "Karens" from violently confronting the bobbies trying to simply maintain law and order. Not really the look they were going for.
          Let me guess. Another middle-aged bloke, like ziggy, with sexist/misogynist tendencies?

No?
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Let me guess. Another middle-aged bloke, like ziggy, with sexist/misogynist tendencies?

No?
            Yes, but he's good for a pot of tea in the officer's mess. He peeled potatoes for his country once.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Some parties consider it that already.

Do you know what Whoopi Goldberg's non-stage name is? f
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

No?
                Let me guess a bit of a thicky who thinks lockdown to prevent the most lethal pandemic since spanish flu is something we should ignore so we can hold a candle on the common & disobey the Police.

If everyone who wanted to go on the vigil started writing to their MP once a week and raised/signed a change.org petition every month until this is sorted then it would have more effect.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Do you know what Whoopi Goldberg's non-stage name is? f
                  nope do tell?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Let me guess a bit of a thicky who thinks lockdown to prevent the most lethal pandemic since spanish flu is something we should ignore so we can hold a candle on the common & disobey the Police.

If everyone who wanted to go on the vigil started writing to their MP once a week and raised/signed a change.org petition every month until this is sorted then it would have more effect.
                    Like ziggy and spuddy, you don't hide your sexism/misogyny that well.

Perhaps you think the people here, who suggest you're also a bit of a racist, are just woke or too PC?
                    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 18 March 2021, 15:52.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

nope do tell?
                      Caryn Elaine Johnson

She pronounces it "Karen".
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X