• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine batch halted after blood clots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine batch halted after blood clots

Six countries have suspended use of a batch of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine after four patients were diagnosed with dangerous blood clotting conditions after receiving their jab.

One person died of multiple thrombosis – formation of blood clots within blood vessels – 10 days after their vaccine, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said.

A second patient was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism – where blockages form in the arteries in the lungs – but is now recovering.
    https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19...d-blood-clots/

I hope this is just some statistical anomaly that can occur when large numbers of people are involved and not some underlying issue with the vaccine or it's manufacturing quality.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19...d-blood-clots/

I hope this is just some statistical anomaly that can occur when large numbers of people are involved and not some underlying issue with the vaccine or it's manufacturing quality.
    It seems to be a load of nonsense.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Mind you there is a risk with whatever vaccine is used

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-mom-...-covid-vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post

She is rather orange. I presume that is liver failure?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

She is rather orange. I presume that is liver failure?
          Makeup? Maybe she used the same brand as Trump?
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post

The only people who claim that the conspiracists claim that vaccines are safe are anti-vaxxers. Vaccines aren't safe. The risk of harm to the population is higher without the vaccine than with. Bit of a bugger if it's you of course.

Correlation does not imply causation. Good to err on the side of caution in the short term to investigate.

My daughter-in-law got a pulmonary embolism some time after give birth to my second grandchild last year. It went unrecognised for quite a while as a) the onset was abnormally late for a pregnancy induced embolism, and b) the symptoms were uncannily like covid-19. Fortunately it was eventually diagnosed and dealt with very effectively. Turns out to be a genetic thing, making the chances of it happening considerably higher than normal. My grandkids will need to be tested for it when they're 18.

Reminder: racist posts (even from such posters of stature as Donald Trump) won't be tolerated. Nor will anti-vax propaganda. Anti _V_ propaganda? Knock yourselves out.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The only people who claim that the conspiracists claim that vaccines are safe are anti-vaxxers. Vaccines aren't safe. The risk of harm to the population is higher without the vaccine than with. Bit of a bugger if it's you of course.
              Bit of a stretch. When the population says "safe" they don't mean "absolutely no chance of anything happening" otherwise it's not "safe" to eat a pork pie in case you choke, or have a filling at the dentist in case you get some incredibly rate complication. "Safe" in common parlance means negligible risk that you might as well ignore, so on that basis yes the vaccine is pretty safe

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Astrazeneca was behind in production in europe and have claimed to make serious efforts to increase production in recent weeks. I wonder if it's possible this is a quality issue related to them trying to scale up fast because of pressure from EU?

Comment

It seems that something went wrong with a batch being manufactured in the Netherlands - at roughly the time the EU paid the factory a visit.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    Astrazeneca was behind in production in europe and have claimed to make serious efforts to increase production in recent weeks. I wonder if it's possible this is a quality issue related to them trying to scale up fast because of pressure from EU?
                    yeh, 'course it is. how very astute. give yourself a sweetie.

Comment

Working...
                    X