• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine batch halted after blood clots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Bit of a stretch. When the population says "safe" they don't mean "absolutely no chance of anything happening"
    Anti-vaxxers do. And _V_ _Veers_ that way. Apparently.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

_V_ is Dim

Comment

And a bit of prawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

It seems to be a load of nonsense.
          Yep, the only clots are the idiots who refuse to have the vaccine!

I had my first vaccine jab (AstraZeneca) today!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yep, the only clots are the idiots who refuse to have the vaccine!

I had my first vaccine jab (AstraZeneca) today!
            Tomorrow, I can register. Imagine my joy again at leaving the UK 19 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Tomorrow, I can register. Imagine my joy again at leaving the UK 19 years ago.
              How is vaccination going in the land that gave the world yodelling? None of those nasty Bavarian cuckoo clocks.

You seem to be ahead of the EU & behind Bermuda or the Cayman islands, maybe they have better weather?

From reading supply hit you hard is that improving?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

How is vaccination going in the land that gave the world yodelling? None of those nasty Bavarian cuckoo clocks.

You seem to be ahead of the EU & behind Bermuda or the Cayman islands, maybe they have better weather?

From reading supply hit you hard is that improving?
                TFA

Well, we both registered first thing this morning - just after registration opened. My daughter tried an hour later and the website was slow, so we got in at a good time. We'll probably get the jab in May at the earliest. They say everyone who wants it will be done "by late summer". The supply issue is easing. Another issue is that the Swiss have their own regulatory body and it doesn't have a fast track process. I expect that will change! Currently we'll get either Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna. Delivered vaccines where I live is 17.5 per 100 people. They've administered 11.65 doses per 100 people.

Comment

I heard on the news early morning the Az-Ox batch has been tested a cleared. The blood clot issue is a red herring and is merely a normal occurrence with or without vaccine taken into consideration. Unfortunately, the damage has already been done by the media publicity. A neighbour near me said she is cancelling her vax appointment due to the fear of having a blood clot; I expect a few thousand others have done the same which may result in a few extra covid deaths.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 12 March 2021, 09:46.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    TFA

Well, we both registered first thing this morning - just after registration opened. My daughter tried an hour later and the website was slow, so we got in at a good time. We'll probably get the jab in May at the earliest. They say everyone who wants it will be done "by late summer". The supply issue is easing. Another issue is that the Swiss have their own regulatory body and it doesn't have a fast track process. I expect that will change! Currently we'll get either Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna. Delivered vaccines where I live is 17.5 per 100 people. They've administered 11.65 doses per 100 people.

Cheers , shows they are being open if you have that level of detail. having had my first jab it does make the feeling of helplessness slightly less. Our parents have all had it and the feeling is they have the best chance now, all of us being careful.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

oops too late. I suffer from DVT and had the AZ jab last month
                      fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                      X