• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine batch halted after blood clots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    oops too late. I suffer from DVT and had the AZ jab last month
    fingers crossed
    Crossing your fingers is OK, but don't cross your legs for too long.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Crossing your fingers is OK, but don't cross your legs for too long.
      Or take any long haul plane journeys

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Or take any long haul plane journeys
        Reminds me of being on a domestic flight with no toilet after drinking in the bar for an hour
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I heard on the news early morning the Az-Ox batch has been tested a cleared. The blood clot issue is a red herring and is merely a normal occurrence with or without vaccine taken into consideration. Unfortunately, the damage has already been done by the media publicity. A neighbour near me said she is cancelling her vax appointment due to the fear of having a blood clot; I expect a few thousand others have done the same which may result in a few extra covid deaths.
          I'm betting the risk of deep vein thrombosis when flying is much higher, and yet millions jumps on a plane all the time to go on their hols.

Having my first jab next week. Don't care which jab I get.
          Last edited by Whorty; 12 March 2021, 22:44.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Imagine my joy again at leaving the UK 19 years ago.
            The nation also breathed a collective sigh of relief at your departure ... bonus the countrys collective IQ rose by an order of magnitude

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yep, the only clots are the idiots who refuse to have the vaccine!

I had my first vaccine jab (AstraZeneca) today!
              Symptoms: No sore arm or stiffness where jab was applied, but next day felt very slightly headachy, and generally slightly achy and fragile (that flu feeling). Not enough to dissuade me from working though.

Thighs were quite sore for some reason, so took it easy in case there is something in this clot bollocks and didn't work too long on PC, in fact retired to bed for a couple of hours

Now tucking into half a bottle of whisky, and no symptoms (Thighs no longer aching).
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

FFS, drinking alchohol is not good for getting vaccine to work well!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I'm betting the risk of deep vein thrombosis when flying is much higher, and yet millions jumps on a plane all the time to go on their hols.

Having my first jab next week. Don't care which jab I get.
                  Ditto*. (I'm only posting this in case it doesn't work out, so you'll all know what happened if you don't hear from me after Thursday...)

*Although I'm kind of hoping it won't be the Russian one
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Ditto*. (I'm only posting this in case it doesn't work out, so you'll all know what happened if you don't hear from me after Thursday...)

*Although I'm kind of hoping it won't be the Russian one
                    I find your lack of faith disturbing, tovarisch

Comment

bunch of snowflake wooses.

Comment

Working...
                      X