• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    These are her feelings. They are true. You may not agree with her feeling like it was racism, but it's not untrue to say that is how she felt. You really are missing the whole point of racism.

Hmmm, so you think all those white defectors would have experienced racism within the old musty institution that is the house of Windsor? How naive of you.

You do realise that racism isn't always overt, it isn't always malicious, it isn't always meant in a "Millwall fan" type of way. But, making decisions and conclusions based on race or skin colour, even if not intended, is racism.
    And there are clear examples of the newspapers doing this to other people regardless of whether they are famous or not.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

These are her feelings. They are true. You may not agree with her feeling like it was racism, but it's not untrue to say that is how she felt. You really are missing the whole point of racism.
      Ah we are to the cusp of the issue. Racism is now a crime that you don't have to prove and can only be committed by white people. She has been proven wrong on every significant accusation so far , she attributed many to racism. This one she hasn't presented enough information to validate. Sadly agreeing with Piers Morgan I don't believe her and that is my right. I doubt she would win in court with the accusations and proven lies so far but you still want to condemn those she accuses.

I have seen a couple of times where the race card was played at work, the person is so incompetent they try to protect themselves by accusing everyone who proves them incompetent of being a racist. When eventually everyone has been accused they sometimes get the sack or a pay off to go away.

In the last 40 years in professional arenas I have seen more racism between different faction of the same ethnicity, (India one area against another and adding in Pakistan they all hate each other), Africans between tribes, Arab-> Thai, Arab -> Indian this is literally to the point they won't sit at the same table, than between a UK British Native (Born of white English parents) and an ethnic minority, the Eastern Europeans have some nasty ideas though.

I can't remember any confrontations or racist comments in the workplace White British -> Minority in the last 20 years. A few off colour jokes both ways though and discussion about customs or religion.

I have met racist white brits outside the workplace, though as I said I also heard comments from other acquaintances who were not white British. Ask a Sikh about a Muslim (or vice versa) or ask a Sikh if they could date an African you would be horrified at the overt racism openly displayed.

Racism is a difficult subject but overall we brits seem to do a much better job than others. If I were black I wouldn't want to be stopped by an American, French or even Dutch Police officer from the tales I have heard.

This gentleman explains it quite well:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ls-racist.html

SIR KENNETH OLISA: Why I, the Queen's first black Lord Lieutenant, do not believe the royals are racist (and yes, my wife and I discussed the colour of our mixed-race child with our family)
      he has only worked for them 24 years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-a7831596.html

Hmmm, so you think all those white defectors would have experienced racism within the old musty institution that is the house of Windsor? How naive of you.
      Ah yes racism is insidious isn't it, you have assumed the ethnicity of an entire workforce because of YOUR prejudice.

I will tell my young Sikh friend who worked for them that she is old & white.

note this is 12 years old

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...les-not-racist

But here she is, she doesn't look all that old or pale.
      https://www.thepworld.com/discover_a...prince-charles.

from My link above

To do that we need to learn to talk about racism — real and perceived. For example, I believe many white business leaders in the UK do nothing to further the cause of racial diversity for the very reason that they are afraid to discuss it, in case they inadvertently cause offence.

That is why we must always concentrate on the context and intention of people’s comments before we judge them.

We should not feel afraid to address matters of race and skin colour — even if we make blunders — as long as our objective is benign.
      My point there are so many staff and visitors at least one would have sold their story about the days Harry called someone the P word etc. oh they did!

You do realise that racism isn't always overt, it isn't always malicious, it isn't always meant in a "Millwall fan" type of way. But, making decisions and conclusions based on race or skin colour, even if not intended, is racism.
      Strange you mention that, so is bullying. Lets wait to see the email the Times is reporting was sent to a number of senior staff before we condemn her or do you believe the fact the couple who alleged this 2.5 years ago in writing should have their accusations supported by every woke w1nker on the planet?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...view-7sxfvd2c3

Royal aides have hit back at the Duchess of Sussex before her television interview with Oprah Winfrey by revealing that she faced a bullying complaint made by one of her closest advisers during her time at Kensington Palace.

The sources approached The Times because they felt that only a partial version had emerged of Meghan’s two years as a working member of the royal family and they wished to tell their side, concerned about how such matters are handled by the palace. The complaint claimed that she drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member.

It was made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, the couple’s communications secretary at the time, seemingly in an effort
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yal-staff.html

Jason Knauf - the Sussexes' then communications secretary who now heads the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's charitable foundation - made a bullying complaint in October 2018 in an apparent attempt to force Buckingham Palace to protect staff.

A source told the newspaper Harry begged his senior aide not to take the matter further, but it also reported lawyers for the duke and duchess deny the meeting took place and that Harry would not have interfered with staff matters.

Mr Knauf reportedly sent an email outlining the duchess's alleged actions to Simon Case - the Duke of Cambridge's then private secretary and now the cabinet secretary - after conversations with Samantha Carruthers, the head of human resources.

Mr Case then forwarded it to Miss Carruthers, who was based at Clarence House.
      oh looky witnesses.

'She is bullying Y and seeking to undermine her confidence.

'We have had report after report from people who have witnessed unacceptable behaviour towards Y.'

Mr Knauf also made clear he was concerned nothing had been done, or would be done in future, to protect palace staff.
      Melissa Touabti, the second of Meghan's personal assistants to leave, departed six months after the royal wedding after she ended up in tears, according to reports.
      but luckily she is able to appear as a kind and considerate manager.

Staff told The Times they have spoken out to give their story before the couple's tell-all interview, claiming that when Meghan was urged to support palace staff she replied: 'It's not my job to coddle people.'

It is also claimed that the couple's treatment of aides worried Harry's brother William so much, because some staff were shared, that he and his most senior advisor Mr Case hastened the split between the Sussex and the Cambridge households and the destruction of their joint foundation.
      That will be 6 or more credible witnesses to bullying by Mardy Meghan including our likely future king. They have who?

It is probably going to go to court and they have evidence, from the sounds of it the royals are furious. I suppose they might find there is a law for bullying your staff if you are a Royal?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And there are clear examples of the newspapers doing this to other people regardless of whether they are famous or not.
        Oh do supply them along with the court cases the newspapers lost.

Comment

wot a right pair of plonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
            wot a right pair of plonkers.
            Be careful that is MEGHAN & harry you will hurt their feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Be careful that is MEGHAN & harry you will hurt their feelings.
              I didn't mean them

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

I didn't mean them
                I know I was taking the p1ss. I am watching a huge job I wrote run and will have to jump in if it fails so I'm bored. Happens some times on migrations. Its better than spending all day on xHamster like some of our other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Ah we are to the cusp of the issue. Racism is now a crime that you don't have to prove and can only be committed by white people. She has been proven wrong on every significant accusation so far , she attributed many to racism. This one she hasn't presented enough information to validate. Sadly agreeing with Piers Morgan I don't believe her and that is my right. I doubt she would win in court with the accusations and proven lies so far but you still want to condemn those she accuses.

I have seen a couple of times where the race card was played at work, the person is so incompetent they try to protect themselves by accusing everyone who proves them incompetent of being a racist. When eventually everyone has been accused they sometimes get the sack or a pay off to go away.

In the last 40 years in professional arenas I have seen more racism between different faction of the same ethnicity, (India one area against another and adding in Pakistan they all hate each other), Africans between tribes, Arab-> Thai, Arab -> Indian this is literally to the point they won't sit at the same table, than between a UK British Native (Born of white English parents) and an ethnic minority, the Eastern Europeans have some nasty ideas though.

I can't remember any confrontations or racist comments in the workplace White British -> Minority in the last 20 years. A few off colour jokes both ways though and discussion about customs or religion.

I have met racist white brits outside the workplace, though as I said I also heard comments from other acquaintances who were not white British. Ask a Sikh about a Muslim (or vice versa) or ask a Sikh if they could date an African you would be horrified at the overt racism openly displayed.

Racism is a difficult subject but overall we brits seem to do a much better job than others. If I were black I wouldn't want to be stopped by an American, French or even Dutch Police officer from the tales I have heard.

This gentleman explains it quite well:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ls-racist.html

he has only worked for them 24 years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-a7831596.html

Ah yes racism is insidious isn't it, you have assumed the ethnicity of an entire workforce because of YOUR prejudice.

I will tell my young Sikh friend who worked for them that she is old & white.

note this is 12 years old

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...les-not-racist

But here she is, she doesn't look all that old or pale.
                  https://www.thepworld.com/discover_a...prince-charles.

from My link above

My point there are so many staff and visitors at least one would have sold their story about the days Harry called someone the P word etc. oh they did!

Strange you mention that, so is bullying. Lets wait to see the email the Times is reporting was sent to a number of senior staff before we condemn her or do you believe the fact the couple who alleged this 2.5 years ago in writing should have their accusations supported by every woke w1nker on the planet?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...view-7sxfvd2c3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yal-staff.html

oh looky witnesses.

but luckily she is able to appear as a kind and considerate manager.

That will be 6 or more credible witnesses to bullying by Mardy Meghan including our likely future king. They have who?

It is probably going to go to court and they have evidence, from the sounds of it the royals are furious. I suppose they might find there is a law for bullying your staff if you are a Royal?
                  Well didn't someone get a little bit triggered there? Calm down fella; we know you only dislike Meghan due to her lies as you hate liars (and yet not Boris, strange that).

As for your little anecdote about your Sikh 'friend', you mentioned defectors, I followed this with defectors. If your 'friend still works for the royals then by definition they are not a defector. I also said the institution was old and musty, not the people who work there so again, by definition, your young 'friend' argument is defunct.

Not very good at this game are you?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Well didn't someone get a little bit triggered there? Calm down fella; we know you only dislike Meghan due to her lies as you hate liars (and yet not Boris, strange that).

As for your little anecdote about your Sikh 'friend', you mentioned defectors, I followed this with defectors. If your 'friend still works for the royals then by definition they are not a defector. I also said the institution was old and musty, not the people who work there so again, by definition, your young 'friend' argument is defunct.

I dislike Meghan because I see her as a manipulative self-serving silly American. I dislike Harry for almost the same reasons (not a yank). I dislike Boris because he's a lying tosser. Apparently, I accuse everyone of racism. Although I freely admit in the past I've posted stuff that's highly upsetting to widowers and cancer survivors. So there are people who aren't bigots who don't think H&M should be given any credence.

Apropos nothing... anyone read David Baddiel's polemic against antisemitism (Jews Don't Count)? Currently going through it. A good read, in my not humble at all opinion.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not triggered just truthful unlike these two seem to be.

I did as you requested and added my observations about BS Boris but they are superfluous. Everyone seems to think he is a liar anyway and apart from FullyAutomatix I doubt anyone wants Corbyn or Starmer.

I'm not keen on racists, sexists & Bullies (check out Harry & Meghans request to the BBC). I note you made a racist assumption there again.

One Gentleman who is a very senior & BAME has basically said he hasn't seen racism in the royals. linky included.

One BAME lady has left and maintains again she saw no racism. linky included.

My friend is at UNI studying medicine.

So one existing, two left all BAME saying there is no racism.

If many of the employees are young how likely is it to be old & musty?

There are hundreds if not thousands of staff in Royal service many quite left wing and outspoken e.g. Lucy Worsley if there was even a whiff of racism do you not think they would mention it?

If there are hundreds of staff you would expect considerable turnover and leavers do tend to talk.

oh I see you are carefully avoiding mentioning your racism.

How about the bullying accusations you going to jump on them or don't they count as they were only against the servants?

Comment

Working...
                      X